Chapter 50 Back On The Road.

Mariah had been dreading today for a couple of months now, she had been counting down the days on a huge calendar she had at Jabot on her office wall. It was now down to twenty-four hours before Tessa went back out on tour. She knew that tonight when she got home Tessa would be in the middle of packing. She decided to put on a brave face instead of being miserable so that Tessa didn't feel bad she was leaving. Tessa had told Mariah that she and Devon had planned the tour back to front. They had planned to do the furthest places away from Wisconsin first, which meant she would be a week away at any one time, and then she would have a couple of days back home before having to travel again. This was to reassure Mariah that everything would be ok and because Devon had given them the freedom of the Jet Tessa and Mariah could get to one another quicker if they wanted to. This tour though was still going to be five long months, which meant Tessa wouldn't be finished until the end of June.

That meant that they would only have four whole months to sort the wedding out once she was home, they had both decided to keep their eyes open for wedding dresses in the meantime. Tessa didn't like the idea of waiting until she got back, and then rushing around trying to find one, Mariah agreed to that decision because she had already asked Dena and Shelby to come and help her find one In Genoa City, and then if they were unsuccessful she'd take a flight home to Denver for a look around there. Tessa didn't want to search for dresses while she was having her time off with Mariah, so she had planned to fly Cindy to New York while she was performing there to have a look for one if they had no joy Tessa was prepared to fly to Chicago once the tour was over. Neither one had told the other their plans. What if Mariah wants to come to New York while you're there? asked Cindy a little worried about the plan. It's ok mom, I don't think Mariah will do that because it's the first place on the tour and I will be going home quite a lot during the tour. I also know she will be coming to the concert in Geno City obviously, and I think she's thinking of coming to the ones in Las Vegas and San Francisco too.

Oh ok, that sounds great! Have you and Dena talked? asked, Tessa And if so when is Mariah going to look for dresses? Cindy started to laugh at the other end of the phone. Nice try! Cindy said but I'm not going to be telling you that. Your no fun said, Tessa. Well, at least you and Mariah have decided on a venue before your tour. We sure did say Tessa it was a no-brainer. We thought about the house and Society, but then we changed our minds and decided on The Grand Phoenix because everyone can stay there afterwards. Plus the Grand ballroom is wonderful and elegant. We are also having my best friend from college Lola do all the food, which will be amazing with all those flavours, I also can't believe she switched careers and ended up here in Geno City too. I didn't even know she was here until Mariah took me to her truck one night for something to eat, and there she was. Abby has now offered her the head chef position at Society.

This is amazing for her and us because she can now use the team at Society to cater our wedding. Yeah! When you told me you'd see her, I was so happy for you. Did I tell you the other weird thing that happened to us? NO! Do tell said, Cindy. We walked into Crimson Lights the other day, and they're sitting in one of the booth's was Kevin! Kevin? said, Cindy Who's he? Err well would you believe Mariah's best friend from Uni. He now resides in Genoa City, working for the police force in one capacity or another. Wow! You two! Honestly, you have this connection going on. Yeah! it all is a bit spooky sometimes said, Tessa. I've also asked Lola to be my matron of honour and Abby to be my bridesmaid, and Mariah has asked Shelby to be her bridesmaid, Tyler a groomsman, and Kevin to be her best man! Oh, that's great said, Cindy Does Dena know? I don't want to put my foot in it if she doesn't. Your safe said, Tessa, I think Mariah told them yesterday? I told her to phone them because I was going to phone you today with the news. Great that means Dena and I can discuss stuff.

Have you and Mariah decided on a colour scheme? Funny you should ask said, Tessa. Last night we finally settled on autumnal colours, considering it will be Halloween. And before you ask, Dena and you can discuss, because Mariah sent her a text message today telling her I was going to tell you tonight. Anyway, I best go, I love you both and I'll see you while I'm on tour. You will say, Cindy. We both wish you the best of luck with your concerts, and can't wait to come and see you in it. Love you lots. Love you too said, Tessa and thanks for all the continued support. That's what parents do said, Carl. I'll see you in New York for dress shopping said, Cindy. You will said, Tessa, getting excited. When she had put the phone down, she took in the fact that things would be coming together in the next few months, and when she got home she and Mariah would be getting married. Tessa went upstairs to finish the last of her packing. The first part of the tour will take six weeks, it was kicking off on the east coast in Florida, and then it would be going on to Nashville and the final stop would be New York.