Chapter 104 Vacation House

To celebrate the fact that Tessa had finished all her gigs at Coachella, Mariah had organized a little party for the band, Tessa and Devon back at the house. She had found a local company, to put up a few decorations, supply the food, and found a mobile cocktail bar. The party went on until the early hours. Mariah and Tessa though finally went to bed around five in the morning. They were still very weary when they woke up. Tessa got up and brought the coffee back to bed. What's the plan for today? asked Tessa. Well, I knew we would be tired, so we could have a chilled-out sort of day. I thought we were going to look at houses. said Tessa a little disappointed. We are my love. I've organized two full days for tomorrow and the next. I just knew we were going to have a late one last night and thought we might not want to look at houses all day. Because, we would have had to have been up way before this, to go and look at all the ones that would have been lined up for today. Oh, I see, well I guess I should be thankful for a lie-in after all my hard work over the last few days. Also, after that sex session of make-up sex yesterday as well as your concert last night, I'm surprised you're not still fast asleep said Mariah smiling.

I am a little tired, after all the traveling I've done, and of course, doing Coachella for the first time has been a blast said Tessa I can't wait for us to go and see some houses around here, so we could potentially have a permanent holiday home here. I can't wait either said Mariah but I suggest you catch up on your sleep, Because, over the next couple of days we are going to need our stamina, to walk around all the places the realtor has picked out for us to go and see. Are we having the same realtor for both days? questioned Tessa. No said Mariah because I booked up someone to see houses here in Palm Springs, and then a different person to show us around Cathedral City. Isn't Palm Springs more our scene, with a huge gay community here? asked Tessa. I guess so said Mariah but we live in Wisconsin, and we don't have a gay community there. It's never really been an issue for us to live in a gay community, has it? So, will that make a difference? No, I guess your right said, Tessa. Also, we have to take into account, that our parents will be staying in this holiday home we're hoping to buy at some point. said Mariah. So, you're already thinking Cathedral City will be more of our vibe? Asked Tessa.

I think it might be, yes said Mariah but I am keeping an open mind to all possibilities. They spent a lovely day, just chilling by the pool enjoying a little swim, and having the rays of the sun warm their weary bones. They sat by the pool for dinner too. Mariah set up a table and lit it with candles to make it more romantic for them. With the help of some wine, they both had a good night's sleep, and a great evening too, just enjoying one another's company after a very hectic last few months, with Tessa being on tour. The very next day, they started to look at some very fancy houses. They had talked it over the night before and decided the house had to have at least five bedrooms, maybe a garden and there had to be a pool. Mariah was thinking of a smaller place to be their holiday home, but Tessa convinced her they needed a bigger one. If all of us want to come out here together, say for Christmas or Thanksgiving, we will need the same space we have at home now. I don't know about Christmas said Mariah you know the kids love the snow. Yeah, I know said Tessa I thought Thanksgiving might be fun though, to have some sun before the winter months set in.

You do know that Palm Springs can get cool around that time? If you want the heat every time we come to the holiday house, we'd better pick Los Angeles instead. I guess in Los Angeles we would also have the beach and the ocean, we could take the kids too said, Tessa. Yes of course said Mariah we are still going to look around here first though aren't we? Of course, said Tessa especially as you have sorted out all the places to see. Mariah sighed with relief. She was dreading Tessa saying let's not bother with hereafter Mariah told her it's cooler here in Palm Springs in the winter. The realtor named Becky, very kindly swung by the house to pick them up, to show them around the properties she had picked out for them. Err, how many are we seeing today? asked Tessa from the back seat of the car. I've picked out six said Becky I hope that's alright. Sure, said Tessa what do the prices range from? Oh, I err. It's okay said Tessa I know you know who I am because you would have done your homework to find out. So, what price? Becky looked at Mariah. Then Tessa looked at Mariah. I gave Becky a price range of between one million to twenty million.