Chapter 102 It comes in Waves

Mariah leaned on one elbow and looked over at Tessa. I love you, so, so much, Mrs. Copeland Porter. Right back at you said Tessa. I hate to be a party popper, but our dinner will arrive in about half an hour. Oh okay, great said Mariah letting go of Tessa. I'll head for the shower and put that lovely robe on ready. You do that. While you're in there, I'll make sure it's coming. When Mariah had disappeared, Tessa rang reception and asked them to bring up some champagne on ice, with the food that was being delivered. When everything arrived, it was such a lovely evening, that Mariah asked if they could set the dinner up outside on the balcony, overlooking the river. The evening was beautiful, so relaxing for them both, to just be able to sit there with their robes on, and just enjoy the food and watch the world go by. Later on, when Mariah was lying in Tessa's arms on the sofa. She looked up at Tessa and said, this is just what we needed, it's been an amazing time with you, even though it's just for one night. It has been magical, hasn't it? Maybe we should incorporate this when we get home? said Tessa.

What? Come all the way to Adelaide for a bit of alone time? said Mariah that's a bit of a trek. She smiled at Tessa. No silly, having some alone time together now and again. Book an overnight stay, and get our parents to babysit. In Genoa City? said, Mariah. No, I'm thinking further afield. Everyone stays at the Grand Pheonix, and it's an okay hotel, but if we're going to do this it has to be this sort of class of hotel. I don't think anything else will do. Maybe not said, Mariah. But there are not many places we can get to from Genoa City for an overnight. It might have to be a weekend trip so that we can go further afield. Well, that's not a bad thing, is it? said Tessa starting to look forward to it already. Well, you we'd better try and get some sleep while we can, said Mariah kissing Tessa on top of the head. Awe said Tessa I was hoping for round two! Wow! Really? said Mariah we've just stuffed our faces with a load of food. Oh, come on! We can sleep in. We don't have to vacate the room until after eleven if we don't want to. Mariah was not too enthusiastic until she got going, and then she soon warmed to the idea. They slept like logs that morning. After they finally passed out at three in the morning! Tessa woke up first, a bit groggy. She got up and telephoned for some coffee to be brought to the suite.

You have got coffee in your room said the receptionist. Have we? said Tessa down the phone. Yes, there is a coffee maker in one of the cupboards. But if you don't want to make any, I can send some straight up. No, no, let me see if I can find the coffee maker, and make it myself. I will call back down if I've not had much luck. Okay said the receptionist as she put the phone down. Tessa finally found the coffee maker after nearly giving up, in the final cupboard she looked in. There you are, she said to herself but out loud. There what is? asked Mariah waking up and sitting herself up in bed. I'm sorry my love, I didn't mean to wake you. It's okay said Mariah a little bleary-eyed. I was finding the coffee maker, to make us a lovely cup of coffee. Awe, that's nice. But wouldn't it have been easier to phone down for some? Well, obviously in hindsight, yes said Tessa looking at the instructions, to see what buttons to press. They both laughed out loud. I just wanted us to not have to entertain people coming into the room. This way, I can make my wife a lovely cup of coffee and stand around naked while I do it. said Tessa smiling. You make a very nice view to wake up to said Mariah smiling back.

What time do we have to get out of here again? Oh, we don't have to worry, we have got plenty of time. I think it said around midday. Wonderful said Mariah after finishing her coffee. We have time for this. She grabbed Tessa and started kissing her long and hard. Have we got everything? asked Tessa as they were about to leave the room. Yes, I think so, I've checked everywhere including under the bed. Didn't want to leave any of our toys behind and give Tessa Copeland Porter some bad publicity! It's okay said Tessa I didn't book this room in my name. "Tessa" You do realize there are huge billboards all around Adelaide, and for someone in this hotel to have not recognized you, would have been a small miracle. Tessa sighed. I guess you're right. I don't even know why I gave a false name, to be honest, said Tessa. They made their way down to the lobby, and there in front of them were a load of fans and a few pressmen who wanted to take pictures and get autographs. See told you said Mariah smirking, they managed to take the kids on a cruise, to see wild dolphins, and on another day, they went to Cleland Conservation Park, where they got up close and personal to wallabies, kangaroos, koalas and feed them and gave them cuddles.