Chapter 74 Showdown

Hi, said a bedraggled Mariah. Hi. long day? You could say that said, Mariah. I've just put the kids down and told Cindy and Carl I was going to call you, I also apologized to them fr the mess I have caused. They said Tessa needed some time alone to process all that has happened. They were also sure everything would work out. I told them I wasn't so sure about that. What makes you so sure? said Dena a bit perplexed Mariah had said those words. Oh, I don't know mom, I did a terrible thing to Tessa. I realize that now, but I know Tessa I just have a feeling I've gone too far this time, and she won't be able to forgive me. Look, Mariah, we know she is very hurt by what you did, but I'm sure once she has had time to process everything, she will come around and hopefully forgive you. But in the meantime maybe you should apologize to Devon first? You did put him in an awful position.

I mean if Tessa had not been there, you would have forced him to lose a lot of money, and Tessa too for that matter. You also wanted him to lie to your wife about why the tour would be canceled. That was not a nice thing to do to him. Yes! Yes! I do realize that mom, and as soon as I can see him in person I will do that I promise. Why don't you just call him if you're too busy? I could do that, your right. but I thought this deserves the personal touch, so he can see in my face how sorry I am. I was even wondering if it's worth me going over to The Grand Phoenix to talk to Tessa too? Ooh, love, as much as I would love to say yes, I did get the gist from Cindy and Carl that she needs a bit of time! I think if you went over there now I think Tessa may slam the door in your face. Do you think that? said Mariah you really think it's that bad? "Mariah" Come on now, you went behind your wife's back and tried to ruin the one thing she loves doing and on top of that tried to make her a kept woman. 

Do you honestly think if the shoe was on the other foot and Tessa had tried to do that to you, I don't think you would have excepted it either? Your right sighed Mariah I would have thought she couldn't trust me anymore, and I would be doing exactly the same as Tessa is doing. So do you understand where she's coming from now? said Dena. Yes, I guess so mom, I will just have to be patient and hope we can sort it all out before Tessa goes on tour. So you have resigned yourself to the fact that she will be going? asked Dena. I had to said Mariah. Tessa made it very clear, that I would not be able to stop here, so yes I did have to resign myself to the fact my wife won't be in GC for at least the next four months. That's why I am so anxious to try and fix this mess I caused, as soon as I possibly can. Because I won't be able to spend as much time with her as possible before she has to go.

I understand that said Dena, you and the kids are going to miss her. That's an understatement said, Mariah. She's my life, the other half of my heart, she's always been my soulmate, and I don't know what I'll do if she's not in my life? Don't think like that just now said Dena just give her the breathing space she needs, to sort this out in her head. I know what I have to do mom, but the kids are going to miss her not being around said Mariah sadly. I'm sure she will visit when Cindy and Carl are there, I can't see her staying away and not seeing them. I hope you are right mom? Because I caused all this not the kids. Ok well, I have to go, mom, it's been a very draining day, and I want to go and have a coffee before I call it a night. Ok love, maybe I will see you in the morning before you go to work? Maybe, night mom. Night Mariah. After she had finished talking to her mom, Mariah went back downstairs for her last cup of coffee. 

Cindy and Carl were in the kitchen, clearing up as she entered. Oh, I'm sorry said Mariah I thought you might have gone up already. Err no sorry, We'll be out of your way in a minute we're nearly done said, Carl. It's ok, said Mariah you don't have to leave on my account unless you don't want to be around me either? She looked at Cindy and Carl with a sad face. Don't be silly said, Cindy. Can I get you anything? Is there any coffee by any chance? Or do I have to make some? How about I make us all some? said, Carl. Oh, that sounds like a lovely idea said, Cindy. She and Mariah went and sat down on the sofas. I guess you are disappointed in me? said, Mariah. I wouldn't say that exactly said, Cindy. We all do thing's on the spur of the moment, that maybe we shouldn't have done. I think that's why Tessa feels like she has to take a minute. It's obviously the first time you've ever done anything like this to her?