Chapter 110 Saying Goodbye!

Tessa was sitting in the funeral home, finalizing the arrangements for Bowie. She had taken over some clothes that he liked to wear, so the funeral director could dress him. Tessa had also decided to see him one last time in the chapel of rest. When they had got him ready, someone from the office came and got her, and took her to the room where he had been laid out. She looked down at her son and started to sob quietly. I'm so sorry she said to him. This is all my fault, I should have never had that dam pool built. You would still be here now if it wasn't for my big ideas. I'm also sorry your other mom is not here with me. She blames me for everything Bowie, and I don't know how I'm ever going to get her to forgive me. Anyway, that is not your worry. I hope I've done you, proud son. I shall miss you greatly. I love you. She kissed the top of his head which was freezing cold and left the room. Does anyone else want to see him? asked the funeral director. No, I think everyone has said their goodbyes now said, Tessa. Okay mam, in that case, we will put the lid on him. Tessa started to cry again. I'm sorry said the funeral director I should not have said that. It's okay said Tessa I have to get used to the idea that he won't be coming back to us.

Are you happy with all the arrangements? asked the funeral director. Yes very said Tessa. I just wish my wife could approve them too. Can you not send her a message? Oh, I have sent her several said Tessa a little angrily. But she's not replied to any of them. She walked out on us all a couple of days ago, and I'm not expecting her back any time soon. She said she couldn't stay. I will of course send her all the information, about our son's funeral, now that it is set in stone for two weeks time. The trouble is, I have no idea where she is at the moment, so I have got on with all the things I have to do. Luckily for me, I have the full support of both sets of our parents and they help me look after our other three kids. Will they be attending the funeral? Asked the Director. Yes most definitely said Tessa. I have told them all, about what happened to Bowie. Why do you ask? Should they not come? No not at all said the director. You have to do what you think is right as a family. Tessa had a huge sigh of relief. I don't want to scare my kids, but they know their brother is gone, and they want to say their goodbyes just like the adults. She shook the director's hand as she left. We will see you at your house in two weeks time. Thank you for everything said, Tessa.

When she got back to her car, she decided to text Kyle, Jack, Devon, and everyone else she knew who would want to be at Bowie's funeral, to tell them a time, date, and where it would be. Last but not least she texted Mariah, hoping she would read it in time. It read. Hi, it's me again. I know you are not reading your messages, and that is fine by me. But I do hope you read this one in time. The date for Bowie's funeral will be Friday 13th of May at noon, and yes I know what you are going to say. I don't care about the date. It was the first one they had available at the crematorium. I hope you will find it in your heart to be there, to say goodbye to our son. I know you are pissed off at me right now, but he deserves to have his two moms there together, and so do our other children. Tessa didn't say I love you or anything at the end. She didn't see the point. Mariah came back into the living area, where Nikki and Abby were still sitting. I'm sorry if I was a bit abrupt said Mariah. It's okay said Nikki We realize you still have a lot of stuff you still have to process and find your way through. Yes, I do said Mariah but I shouldn't take it out on you when you've all been so kind to me.

Mariah sat down with her coffee. Nikki and Abby maneuvered themselves onto the other sofa. Mariah looked up with tears in her eyes. Hey, Nikki got up and sat next to Mariah and pulled her in for a cuddle. Mariah instantly sobbed uncontrollably. That's it let it all out said Nikki soothingly. She indicated to Abby, for her to go and get some coffee for herself and Nikki. She mouthed to her that they might be here for some time. By the time Tessa got back home to the kids and her's and Mariah's parents, she was in bits too. It took her a long while to get out of her car and go back through the front door. She was greeted by three boisterous kids. Who smothered her in kisses and gave her the most wonderful hugs! Okay you lot, let your poor mommy breathe said Frank coming over to hug Tessa too, as did Carl before they ushered the kids away to the playroom for a while until dinner was served up. Tessa went straight to the kitchen, where Dena and Cindy were cooking up the most delicious meal of southern fried chicken, coleslaw, jacket potatoes, and salad. It was one of the kid's favorites their nan's made for them, and even better was it was all homemade and not takeout.