Chapter 101 Sidney

Mariah, with the help of encouragement of Devon and Tessa finally reached the top and looked out over Sidney harbor to what looked like a tiny Sidney opera house. It wasn't tiny obviously when they went to look around it later that week. Devon bid them farewell when they reached the bottom again. I can't believe you made me do that said Mariah still flustered from her heart beating so fast. I'm so glad you said yes to doing it with me said, Tessa. I had no backup plan if you had said No! Good job for you I didn't then, said, Mariah, I must admit though, I did enjoy it Once I didn't think about what we were doing. And when we finally got to the top. Wow! It was well worth the effort. She kissed Tessa. Thank you for making me do it. You're welcome said, Tessa. What are we going to do now? asked Mariah Well, I guess we'd better find somewhere to eat, I guess. Well, I don't think we'll have a problem there. No, I think you are right. Let's see if we can find somewhere looking over the harbor. One of the guides that took them up to the top of the bridge recommended The Gantry. It had an amazing view of where they had just climbed and of the harbor. I still can't believe you just got me to do that said Mariah still a little out of breath. You've said that already said, Tessa.

Have I? said Mariah I'm sorry, it just took my breath away. I noticed said Tessa smiling. You must be on a high with adrenaline. Hopefully, sitting down and having a lovely meal will calm you a little. I hope so said Mariah because it still feels like my heart is racing. We can have a lovely walk along the waterfront if you fancy it afterwards. Might as well make the most of our alone time said Tessa, we're so lucky to have our parents here, to look after the kids so we can do stuff like this. We sure are. They settled down and had a lovely night chatting and walking around the harbor hand in hand. Tessa hailed a cab down around half-eleven, to take them back to the house. They were both weary, from all the walking they had done. The next day, they decided to do the Big Bus Sydney and Bondi hop-on-off Tour. The kids loved riding the top of the double-decker, so they could see everything. The Sidney aquarium was another wonderful day. Tessa's gigs at the Qudos Bank Arena were out of this world. Mariah had managed to sneak into one to see Tessa do her thing because she wanted to hear her sing Everytime. She had not told Tessa she was going, mainly because Mariah wanted to experience it as a fan and have no special backstage passes or V.I.P treatment.

She had the most wonderful time until a fan realized who she was. And then all hell broke loose. She was then rescued by the security team. How could you be so stupid! Raged Tessa, when she found out what had happened. "Tessa" Come on; it wasn't that bad. I loved being in the crowd, I get to see you the way everyone else does. You could have been crushed or something! said Tessa. Nonsense said Mariah I was being very careful not to be recognized. But then I just stupidly shouted out, that you were my wife. And then the person next to me said no you're not Mariah is, and that's when they turned around and realized it was me. Security soon swooped into the crowd and got a hold of me and pulled me out of there. But to be honest, I don't think your fans would have harmed me. You don't know that said Tessa still annoyed at her. They went back to the house from the concert in silence that night. Dena and Cindy just happened to be up, when they arrived home. Every bone in their bodies told them something was off, by the way, Tessa's and Mariah's body language was with each other. Tessa noticed them first. Oh, hey mom's how's it going? Any chance there may be some coffee in the pot?

I can make you some said, Cindy. That would be great said Tessa. I'll just go up, have a shower and get my sweats on. Tessa then disappeared. Is everything okay with you two? asked Dena. Yeah, why? Ooh, I don't know, feels like you've had a falling out. Did everything go okay at the concert? Would you like coffee too? Err, not sure about the coffee, maybe tea? Also, not sure if Tessa wants me to stay up with her! You have had a falling out said, Cindy. Well, I'd say more of a disagreement said Mariah not very forthcoming with the information the moms wanted. Oh, Mariah come on said, Dena. Cindy and I know something is going on. Why is it like getting blood out of a stone with you? You find it so hard to open up even now. I know said Mariah sighing. Just as she was about to explain, Tessa came down wanting her coffee, so she could start to relax and switch off from concert mode. Cindy poured her coffee and handed it to her. Thanks, mom. She turned and went and sat down on one of the sofas. Mariah and the moms followed her. What are you doing up so late? Tessa asked the moms. Oh, we were just chatting about this and that, and your dads got fed up with the women talk and took themselves off to bed.