Chapter 86 Second Honeymoon

They arrived in Paris at seven in the evening, there was a car waiting for them to take them to the press conference first before they could be taken to The Shangri La Paris, which Tessa had booked as a huge surprise for Mariah. She had booked the Terrace Suite which had a beautiful terrace for them to sit out on. Hence the name. It also had magnificent views of the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine. The hotel was the former home of Prince Roland Bonaparte and had a Michelin-starred restaurant called La Bauhinia. It was all very fancy. First, though was the press conference, where the world's press was waiting because it was the first time Tessa and Mariah had been seen in public since Tessa had left the hospital in Toulouse over eight months ago. Hi everyone, said Tessa as all the flash cameras started to go off. Mariah sat beside her and held her hand throughout.

How are you? called out one reporter. I'm fighting fit thank you for asking said Tessa. The last time you were here was not such a good experience. No! I guess it wasn't said Tessa tensing up. Mariah calmed her by giving her a squeeze of her hand. It wasn't for you either Mariah? said a reporter from an American magazine, that Mariah and Tessa both read from time to time. I'd rather not live through it again if I can avoid it said, Mariah. Weren't you in Paris when you got the news about the accident? Yes, I was waiting at the hotel where Tessa would be staying for her concerts in Paris. We were hoping to do a week of sightseeing first because we hadn't seen one another since the New Zealand leg of her tour. And then she would have done the concerts in Paris before moving on to London and Ireland. I would have headed home back to the States. But as you all know that never happened and I spent a while in Toulouse, hoping and praying that my wife would wake up. Mariah had tears streaming down her face recalling it all. It was Tessa's turn to squeeze her hand.

We're sorry to upset you said a French reporter. It's ok said Mariah It's just I haven't had to think about it all in a while. Can I just say a big thank you said Tessa to everyone who rescued me and looked after me while I was here? Mine and Mariah's families are so grateful, that you all went above and beyond because I would not be here right now if it wasn't for all of you. You have given them all tickets to come to your concerts, haven't you? Err yes, we have said Tessa it was the least Devon, and I could do. He's just as grateful as I am. He'll tell you all that himself when he arrives for my concerts in a week's time. What are Mariah and you looking forward to in Paris? Oh well, obviously see all the things we wanted to see the first time around and have a second honeymoon. Mariah looked surprised. You look surprised? Said someone who picked up on Mariah's look. I am a bit said, Mariah. My wife deserves the world after what I put her through in the last few months.

So as much as I love all you press, can I please request that you just let us explore this wonderful city of lights without too much intrusion from you all? I'd love it if I didn't see you all on every corner. I'll be more cooperative next week when Devon gets into town, but I'd really like some private time with my wife as if we were tourists like everyone else. We will try to let you have that time said the journalists. Thank you said Mariah and Tessa as they stood up and then let the photographers take as many pictures as they wanted to. Just as they were leaving they saw a face they recognized. It was Chantelle. Mariah and Tessa both hugged her. It's so lovely to see you said Mariah. Same here said, Chantelle. What are you doing here? asked Tessa. Well, I was sent over to escort you to your hotel she said. Oh wow! That's great said Tessa. And then we've been told to keep the paparazzi away from you this week, so that you can enjoy this great city of ours, without having to worry.

Is it going to be a case of you escorting us everywhere? said Tessa. Well, we will be in the background as much as possible said Chantelle. so hopefully you won't find us too intrusive. Everyone just wants you to enjoy yourselves. I'm sure we will, said Tessa starting to escort Mariah to the car, which will take them to the snazzy hotel that Tessa had booked, and show Mariah the amazing room with the Eiffel Tower all lit up when they go out onto the terrace. She'd also planned a very romantic dinner out there, once they had managed to freshen up after the long flight. Chantelle took them to the hotel and then said her farewells, but not before Tessa had managed to invite her to the hotel for dinner one night later on in the week. You don't have to do that said Chantelle. You've already given me tickets for your concert, which I'm so looking forward to coming to. "Look" said Tessa It's more than you deserve after looking after my family and my wife so well, while I wasn't able to. I told you I'd never forget what you did, and this is my way of repaying that kindness you gave them.