Chapter 96 Gone Again!

A few months later, Tessa and Mariah got into their new work routine. So that Tessa could get back into the studio and put the tracks down for her new album. Their parents had taken care of the twins and also picked up Bowie and Crystal from school if Tessa could not get away from the studio in time to collect them. One night Tessa did not get home from the studio until way past the kid's bedtime. Mariah was waiting patiently for her. When she did finally arrive, she told Mariah she was sorry as she tucked into some lovely homemade chicken noodle soup their moms had made. I was finishing off laying down my penultimate track, and the time just ran away from me today. I did manage to text my mom to go and fetch the kids from school, but other than that it's been a pretty full-on day. So much so, that I never even managed to eat anything other than, when we had breakfast this morning before I left for the studio. You're nearly finished then? said, Mariah. Yeah, I think Devon wants me to do the final track tomorrow, then it will be just tweaking everything to make it all perfect.

Which usually takes about another month and then we will be ready to launch it into the big wide world, and then sit down and discuss where we want to go on tour. Will you not go to the same places as last time? asked Mariah going into the kitchen to finish the clearing up. Tessa followed her carrying the soup bowl, she'd just devoured. She helped Mariah with the clearing up, and then they took their coffees to the sofa. I really don't know where we will go said, Tessa. My fans are all over the world, so I guess we could go absolutely anywhere. Do you think we could pick some places; you and the kids would like to come and visit as you did before. I guess so said, Mariah. Obviously, we would have to put it passed Kyle and Jack so that I can work away from the office now and again and also have some time off with you. I'm sure they will be fine with it all said, Tessa. I was thinking that one of the places needs to be Paris. So that we can go and visit Chantelle and her new wife! I'm so glad we have stayed in touch with her. Also, with Jaque and his growing family of two now. I loved that he sent us pictures of his new son a few months after we got back, and now they have a daughter too.

We'll have to all go and stay at the hotel so that we can go and show Bowie and Crystal, I think the twins are still a bit young to take it all in. Yes, they will, but our parents will love it. Do you think the budget will be able to take the expense of it all? I'll make sure it does said Tessa, also I don't think Devon will begrudge us one treat on the tour. Do you know how long it will be? asked Mariah hoping Tessa would say not too long. Err well, I guess that will depend on how many countries Devon wants to cover. But I will definitely make sure that wherever I am, I will come home after every continent I visit. Tessa kissed Mariah. Does that put your mind at rest? asked Tessa. I guess for now until you get the full details said Mariah, and now can we just relax for the rest of the evening and not mention it again? A couple of weeks later, and things had gone so well that Tessa had wrapped her album. I can't believe we've finished it already said Tessa to Devon. All we have to do now is work out a release date and then plan a huge tour. Err, a huge tour? questioned Tessa. I don't want to be away for months Devon; you know Mariah is going to hate that. I know said, Devon.

But this album you've written is amazing, and there are so many good songs on it. I don't even know which one to pick for your first single. I do said Tessa eagerly. Okay, which one would you pick? asked Devon excited to know which one was Tessa's number one choice. It's a song called Everytime. It's all about what Mariah and I have had to go through to get to the place we're in now. It's not a love song it's about real life! Ah, I see what you did there said, Devon. I'm a sap, what can I say said Tessa blushing. Does Mariah know it's about your relationship? Er, no not yet. I will give her the chance to hear it and tell her what it's about before we release it obviously. I don't want her to get wind of it on social media. So, do you think we could keep it under wraps for now? Not a problem said, Devon. Do you want to bring Mariah here for a private listen? Oh, that would be amazing said Tessa getting all excited. I could make it a special date night, with champagne and food, and maybe get a limo to pick us up so that we can both have a drink. That sounds like a brilliant idea to me said Devon Mariah can then listen to the whole album. Yeah, I want to make it really special for her said, Tessa. It's my way of telling her, how much she means to me and thanking her for sticking with me and most importantly for loving me.