Chapter 20 Girlfriend ?

Come on the cab will be here in a minute. What was the question ? asked Mariah for the second time, getting a bit frustrated with Tessa not telling her. Tessa could see the cab approaching. She was so nervous about the question she was about to ask Mariah ! Oh come on Tessa please, you can't leave me hanging again said Mariah as the cab pulled up. Tessa opened the cab door and turned to Mariah. I wanted to ask you if you'd like to be my girlfriend ? Before she got an answer Tessa was as quick as lightning and in the cab and gone before Mariah had a chance to answer. Oh for god's sake ! "Tessa" Mariah screamed after the cab. What the hell ! Did she not want an answer ? Mariah was not impressed. I can't believe she just did that said Mariah out loud. Luckily there was only a few student's around to see her standing there shouting after the cab ! Why  did I just do that ? thought Tessa as the cab drove her away. Am I that scared of what the answer might be ? I'm also a bit apprehensive this might not last ! I mean she's never been with anyone before, Tessa then had to remind herself that neither had she ! 

Obviously she'd kissed a girl before, but she'd never got to second base ! And definitely nowhere near third ! When she got back to her room, she went for a cooling off shower. Mariah was not in good humour ! She was on her phone trying to get Tessa, but she kept getting put to voice mail. So she kept on leaving messages. Why did you not wait for my answer ? I can't believe you just drove away !  I'm so mad at you right now. I could think of better way's to deliver that question ! I'm guessing because I've left so many messages, you don't want my answer ? She finally walked back to her room. She kept looking at her phone. Still no answer for Tessa! Tessa lay down on her bed. I know if I turn that phone on , there will be a million messages from Mariah ! I'm guessing she won't be happy I took off before allowing her to answer me ? In fact I bet she's pretty mad ? I'd better put it on she decided. There was message after message from Mariah, saying she was getting more and more mad because I wouldn't get back to her.  

The final one was I'm guessing because I've left so many messages and you've not answered one of them, you don't want my answer ? Tessa took a deep breath. Oh god I have to call her. I need her answer otherwise I won't be able to sleep. She dialled the number for Mariah. One, toe, three, it kept on ringing ! Mariah was sitting in her room. She could see who was ringing, but decided not to answer it ! She was mad and angry and she didn't want an argument with Tessa, so she just decided to ignore the ringing and in the end switched off the phone for her own hearing because it would not stop ! Tessa must have it on speed dial or something she thought. Next time Tessa called she got this phone is switched off ! Oh I see so this is how it's going to play out is it ? She went to bed annoyed that Mariah had switched off her phone, and the realised that's what she had done to her when she got back and that's why Mariah had left a pile of messages. Oh well I guess I have to try and get hold of her tomorrow thought Tessa. 

Later on in the early hour's Mariah could not sleep ! She had Tessa on her mind . She grabbed her phone and hoped there was a message from Tessa. As soon as it connected it kept buzzing with missed call's, obviously it was Tessa . But she only left one message . I see you've now switched me off, so I will try and talk to you tomorrow. Night ! After that Mariah heard the click of the phone. I suppose she's switched hers off now ? It took a while but she finally fell asleep. Tessa was always a good sleeper! Once she had left Mariah the message, she'd switched her phone off like Mariah expected she'd done. The very next morning Tessa woke up and grabbed her phone, switched it on and dialled up Mariah's number. She was so disappointed when it still said this phone is switched off ! Honestly said Tessa looking at the clock. She should be getting ready for school by now ? But I'm guessing she's still mad at me ? If I don't hear from her I don't know what I'm going to do ? Mariah was determined not to turn her phone on until after she got to class. Mainly because she knew Tessa would try to phone her. I just need to think she said to herself. I also want to talk to Shelby. She'll know what to do in this situation, maybe help me with some pointers ?