Chapter 56 Stage One

It was eleven o'clock when Mariah looked over at her phone to see what the time was. She slowly got up and had a shower, and went downstairs to find Frank and Dena already up and in the kitchen. Good morning said Dena and Frank at the same time. Morning said Mariah still a bit groggy. Coffee? offered Frank holding up the coffee pot. Ooh yes, please. You'll be pleased to know I texted Tessa last night after our chat and asked her if we could chat? That's great said, Dena smiling. And what did she say? That she loved me and of cause, we can chat. Oh Mariah that is wonderful news. Do you want to chat in the living room? We can make ourselves scarce for a while. Err no it's ok, I'll send her a message now and if she's ready to talk, I'll take my coffee back upstairs if that's ok? Of cause it is said, Frank, we hope you sort it out. So do I said, Mariah as she texted Tessa.

Hi, good morning. Are you ok to chat? Mariah x A message soon came back. Give me five to make some coffee, also good morning to you too. And would you mind if we video chat? Tessa x Mariah must have had a face on when the message came back because Dena and Frank looked concerned. What's up? said, Mariah, you're looking at me a bit weird. Err I think you'll find it's you who is making the faces said, Frank. Oh, I'm sorry it's ok, it's just that Tessa wants to video call. Let me guess. You were hoping to not see her face until you back to Wisconsin? said, Dena. Yeah! Something like that said, Mariah, I just thought it would be easier to talk to her on the phone. What are you going to do then? said, Frank. I'll text back and say it's ok of cause, I can't hide from her forever. I'll be going home in two days' time, so we can get this all out of the way before I even have to get on the plane to see her in person. Well as long as you are sure? I am said, Mariah.

She texted Tessa back. How about we say fifteen minutes? Are you ok with that? Ooh, and yes we can video call. Mariah x Mariah's phone pinged again. Ok, I'm taking my coffee to my room in your thermal mug. Is that ok? She looked at Frank. He uses it to take his morning coffee to work. That's fine said, Frank. They both wished her luck before she disappeared up to her room. She sent another little text to Tessa, just asking if she was ready yet? I'm sitting comfortably, was the reply. Ok here goes Mariah said to herself, as she took a very deep breath and speed-dialed Tessa's number on facetime so she could video call her. Tessa had her finger hovering over the answer button waiting to press it to see Mariah's face. Hi, you said, Mariah coyly. Hi, said, Tessa. It's lovely to see your face. I'm sorry said, Mariah before Tessa could say anything. I owe you a massive apology.

"Mariah" I love you so much, all I wanted you to do is explain to me why? I know said, Mariah sheepishly. But at that very moment, I couldn't even work it out for myself let alone explain it to you! Well has being with your mom and dad helped clarify the situation? Yes, I think so said, Mariah, breaking out into a smile. Well, that's great then it hasn't been a wasted trip. When are your meetings planned for? And when are you back home? I have two meetings tomorrow, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and then I fly home the following morning on the red-eye and go straight to work. Ooh said, Tessa a bit disappointed. Why what's up? asked Mariah. Ooh, I err, just thought you might be home before that, and then we could have a chance to talk properly. Don't you want to do it now? said, Mariah. I'd rather we do it when we're in the same room said, Tessa, giving her a tentative smile. Oh right, well maybe I could see if there is a flight back after my meeting tomorrow afternoon? 

You'd do that? asked Tessa who was now beaming at the thought. Yes of cause I would said, Mariah. I'll have a look today and I'll let you know if I have managed it or not. Ok said, Tessa that sounds great. I'll look forward to receiving your text. They then continued their chat for about another twenty minutes, talking about anything other than babies! Mariah later came back down the stairs beaming. Everything sorted? said, Frank. Err well not exactly, Tessa wants to talk about baby matters in person so that we're face to face. So we talked about everything else other than that! She also wants me to see if I can find an earlier flight, to get on after my meeting tomorrow afternoon. So I'm going to get myself another coffee and start looking. Well in that case said, Frank, I will start looking for a place we can go to for dinner tonight, so I can give mom the night off. Good idea said, Mariah. As they grabbed coffee and headed for the dining table.