Chapter 62 Trying Again

It took Mariah and Tessa another six months before they felt ready to embark on another round of IVF. This time it was going to be Tessa's turn to hopefully carry Mariah's egg. Are you ready? shouted Mariah up the stairs. Yeah! I'm just coming said, Tessa. Trying to be calm and collected. They had retrieved Mariah's eggs a few days before. The clinic had told them they had six viable eggs. They had decided to use the same donor they had picked out for Cassie. Ok, let's go said, Tessa finally ascending the stairs. Mariah stopped her. Are you ok? said Mariah you seem a little tense. Err yeah I think so, I'm just having a little bit of angst from wanting this to go full term this time around. It will I have faith said, Mariah very confidently. You sound very sure of yourself said Tessa kissing her on the lips as she grabbed her coat and they headed for Mariah's car. 

I do don't I said Mariah I don't know why that is? Although I did go down the garden yesterday and told Cassie to look over us today! Awe you did? That's so sweet of you. Tessa gave her another kiss. Ok, we have to go, we'll be late otherwise. When they got there Tessa was whisked away to a room, while Mariah filled out all the paperwork. Mariah was then shown to the room where Tessa was so that the transfer could begin. When it was all done they had to wait there a while so that the egg had a good chance of staying stuck to the wall of Tessa's womb. Mariah had managed to find some decaffeinated coffee for Tessa. Oh, I forgot I'm not doing caffeine said Tessa sadly. Mariah smiled. There are a few thing's you won't be doing said, Mariah. Yes, I know said Tessa but at least I can still do my job in the studio at home. I have a few projects coming up to do one is a movie and the other is some musical theatre.

That's exciting for you said, Mariah. But if this pregnancy takes, and we hold onto him or her things will change for us big time! I know said Tessa and I'm ready for it, bring it on I'm ready. Mariah laughed. You are so dramatic sometimes. I know and you love it come here said Tessa and kissed her passionately. She then took Mariah's hands and placed them on her belly. This is the beginning of being mom's said Tessa. I can't wait said, Mariah. Me neither said, Tessa. Eleven days later Tessa waited for Mariah to leave for her journey to work, she didn't think Mariah  realized it was day eleven and that she could do a pregnancy test now! She went to their bathroom after Mariah had gone and took out two pregnancy tests she'd bought and hidden at the back of one of their cupboards. Pulling her Pyjama bottoms down she sat on the toilet, she prayed that it would be positive as she unwrapped the test and peed on the stick. 

Do I do the other one? she asked herself. No! I'll wait to see if this first one is good and then I'll do the second one with Mariah tomorrow morning. She walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs to go and make some coffee. It was twenty minutes later before she went back upstairs to look. She looked down and started to cry when she saw the blue lettering which said pregnant. Oh my god! she held her hand over her lower belly. Please be alright in there she said because I don't want to shatter our hearts again. Taking the test downstairs she decided to cook a romantic meal and then give Mariah the test somehow? Mariah got home after a really busy day at Jabot, all she wanted to do was curl up with Tessa on the sofa and snuggle up to her. She walked into the house and saw the most romantic scene she had ever seen. "Oh, Tessa" this is beautiful. She went over and kissed her wife.

You look like you could do with a night of pampering. Busy day? You could say that said Mariah All I wanted to do tonight was snuggle on the sofa. Well, I hope you don't mind this too much? said, Tessa. No! No! This is amazing. Right well go and get into your sweats or PJ's, while I finish up in the kitchen. Ok said Mariah kissing Tessa again. Tessa put the roses she had bought onto the table, lit the candles, and turned the lights down low. Wow! You're really going for it tonight said Mariah when she came back down. They had a lovely dinner of spaghetti and then Tessa poured them some more wine, she was pretending to drink her's and hoped Mariah didn't realize what she was doing. Put this around you said Tessa giving Mariah a throw. Where are we going? A little walk down our garden said, Tessa. When they got to Cassie's plaque Mariah could see that Tessa had laid fresh flowers and had lit a candle. They both sat down on the bench.