Chapter 108 Broken!

Dena and Cindy came out from the kitchen. They came and stood by Tessa at the front door. She's taken her car, and there is stuff missing from her wardrobe. I need to go and clean the mess up I've made. She slammed the door shut. The moms followed her back to their bedroom. Tessa slumped to the floor and started to cry. Dena took the cleaning cloth off of her and started to wipe up the coffee that was all over the hardwood floor. While Cindy hugged Tessa while she cried. Where would she go? asked Cindy. I have no idea said, Tessa. She's just not thinking straight said, Dena. I'll send her a message. Seeing as she has packed clothes said Tessa I don't think she's planning on coming back. "Tessa" She's just hurting right now said, Dena. Oh and I'm not, said Tessa angrily. She has left me to deal with everything. Let me see f I can get hold of her before you make any decisions said Dena. I'll give you until tonight said Tessa sternly. Then I have to move forward. If she had wanted to do the arrangements etc, she would not have left us all in the middle of the night. Tessa was not very understanding. Because it would have been easier for her to just leave and say it never happened, so she didn't have to deal with it all.

But she decided to stay and face everything that was ahead of her. She even had to tell the kids, because Mariah couldn't do it with her. You are not on your own said Cindy we will all help you get through this. Oh, I know that mom. But I need Mariah here so that we can lay our son to rest together. I don't want to plan everything on my own, I have no idea what Mariah wants for Bowie. "Tessa," said Dena sharply to get her attention. Between you and us, we will give Bowie the best send-off, and if Mariah does not come back in time. She will just have to live with what we end up doing. I don't want her to hate me if I do something she doesn't like said Tessa in a sad voice. Hopefully, she will answer one of the texts I have sent her, and then you won't have to worry about what she might think said Dena. Tessa just started to cry. The grandpas took the kids to the playroom, so they didn't have to hear their mummy falling to bits. Later that day, Tessa went to the funeral home to say her goodbyes to Bowie. She asked their parents to stay behind to look after the kids. Are you sure you want to do this on your own, love? asked Cindy. Obviously, I'd rather do none of this on my own mom, I was hoping Mariah would be by my side, But that's not going to be happening.

Dena has not had any replies to her texts yet and neither have I for that matter. You sent her one? said Cindy. I thought you'd be too mad at her for leaving to do that. I just thought I can't blame her said Tessa because it was me that had that pool built. I pressured Mariah into having it, and now look what's happened. Our son has gone! She must hate me right now. I think she has left because she can't deal with me right now. She wants nothing to do with me, even though we're both grieving. Where do you think Mariah is heading for? Do you know what mom, I have no bloody idea at this point? All I know is, she was determined to get away from here as fast as she could. Mariah had been staring at a road for the last four hours! I need to find somewhere to stop for some coffee and some breakfast, she thought as she was driving. She also had no idea where she was, her mind was a blur as to what was happening to her whole being. She finally saw a sign for a truck stop, she pulled off the road and decided to make it a fuel stop too. It was a lovely little roadside cafe. They did a good breakfast according to the truckers, she had asked in the parking lot.

She also found out from them, that she was in the state of Iowa. Mariah was gazing out of the window when the waitress came up and asked her what she wanted. The waitress touched Mariah's shoulder, which made her jump. I'm sorry mam, I didn't mean to make you jump. I was asking you if I could get you anything. Oh, I'm sorry said Mariah. Are you okay mam? You look a bit lost. Yeah, I'm okay thank you. I've just never driven to Iowa before. Do you know, if there are any decent motels around here, where I can get some peace and quiet and a decent night's sleep? It feels like I have been driving all night said Mariah so I'm a bit weary. Well, it's your lucky day said the waitress. My parents own a motel, about a kilometer further down the road. I'll give them a call for you. Oh, that's wonderful said Mariah thankyou. Can I get you something to drink or anything else while you're waiting? Yes, sorry said Mariah. Can I get some coffee, and a soy latte if you have it? And for breakfast, some bacon and scrambled eggs with some toast would be great. Okay, mam, I will go and get that for you. By the time the waitress had come back, Mariah was sitting there with tears rolling down her face.