Chapter 113 Anticipation.

When Frank and Dena got back to the house later that day, after their chat with Mariah. They were glad, that everyone was still out. It gave them time to breathe, before being bombarded with lots of questions from Tessa, Carla, and Cindy. It was lovely and bright out, the garden was lovely and had plenty of places to sit. You go and pick a place to sit said Frank. I will make us some tea. Oh, wonderful said Dena. There was a lovely place to sit, beside a fire pit. When Frank brought the tea out, he went in search of firewood and found a huge shed full of it. He found a barrow to wheel all the wood back with. They spent the next couple of hours, enjoying the peace and quiet beside the lovely fire that Frank had lit, enjoying their cup of tea. When the others all got back, the kids loved sitting around the fire. They were all exhausted from the day out. Tessa, Carl, and Cindy were all eager to find out how Mariah was. Nobody could be bothered to cook, so Tessa messaged Nikki to see if there was a place that could deliver something other than pizza. Which they had the night they arrived. I'm afraid there isn't said Nikki but there is a place nearby that does food. But it means you will have to go out. They don't deliver {'m sorry to say. Where is this place? asked Tessa. You passed it on your way in said Nikki. It's the truck stop. They do lovely food. You won't be disappointed. Okay, thank you, Nikki. Tessa told everyone what Nikki had said. What are we waiting for? said Frank I'm hungry, let's go.

Everyone laughed. Tessa got to meet Abby, while they were there. She was just finishing her shift. I hope to see you again said Tessa as Abby left. Me too said Abby giving Tessa a hug. When they got back to the house, they put the kids straight to bed. They had fallen asleep in the car on the way back. They all settled down by the fire outside after carl relit it. Tessa poured herself a glass of white wine. She thought she might need it. Frank and Dena, then preceded to tell them what had happened at the motel. Well, at least she agreed to see the kids said, Tessa. That's something. I'm sure, she will agree to see you too Tessa. I'm not so sure, by what she told you said, Tessa. It Sounds like I am still the one to blame. It had been a long day, so the parents said their goodnights to Tessa, so they could go and rest in their rooms. Tessa decided to stay out by the fire, a while longer. It was only half eight and way too early for her to go to bed. She was thinking about Mariah, and what she was up to just down the road. At nine o'clock, Tessa's phone began to ring. She got it out of her pocket, and read the front to see who was ringing at this time of night. "Mariah" She didn't know what to do at first. She was a bit flustered that Mariah was calling her, after what Mariah's parents had said to her earlier. She swiped the phone. There were deathly silents at the other end.

Hi, are you going to speak? questioned Tessa. Mariah was flummoxed at the other end, hearing Tessa's voice for the first time in a while. Tessa started to get impatient. "Mariah" Come on talk to me, please. She could hear her breathing on the other end. Okay, let me start by telling you what our kids got up to today at the petting farm. I'm so glad you have allowed your parents to bring the kids tomorrow. They've missed their mom. Tessa heard Mariah take a deep breath, probably to stop herself from crying. Anyway, they feed horses. One of which, Crystal wanted to take home. I think she would love us to get her some riding lessons someday. Noah learned how to milk a cow! He was fascinated, by how the milk got sucked out using a machine. And lastly our little Faith. She loved all the rabbits and miniature goats. She didn't ask to take any of them home with her thank goodness. They had a fantastic day, the only thing missing was you. There were silents again. If you're not going to talk to me. Then why did you ring? Tessa heard Mariah about to speak and held her breath for what she was about to say. I err. It's okay, take your time said Tessa I'm not going anywhere. We need to talk said Mariah in a sad voice. Yes, we do say, Tessa. Just tell me when and where? Day after tomorrow here at the motel said Mariah bluntly. That's great said Tessa I look forward to seeing you.

And Mariah. Yes, what is it? I love you, I always have and always will and I've missed you so much. Tessa began to cry. Through the snivels she was making, she told Mariah she was glad she called her and she was ecstatic that Mariah wants to see her. Okay, bye is all Mariah would say. Well, at least she wants to see me, thought Tessa as she went back to sipping her wine by the fire while feeling on cloud nine because Mariah had called. In the morning at breakfast, she told their parents what had happened after they all went to bed. Oh, Tessa, I'm so pleased for you said, Dena. I'm so glad she saw sense said Frank. Maybe it was because you persuaded her to see the kids? Obviously, we will all take care of the kids, while you're meeting Mariah. Cindy gave her daughter a huge hug. This is a big step, whispered Cindy into Tessa's ear. It is, and I really don't know what to expect, because she was so nontalkative on the phone. What do you mean? said, Dena. Well, it was like getting blood out of a stone, conversation-wise. I was doing most of the talking, and Mariah was doing all the listening. This is going to be such hard work. "Tessa" She called you, and maybe she will listen to what you have to say. You know what you have to do. Lay everything on the line, as if your life depended on it. You want Mariah back, you miss her. Said, Cindy.