Chapter 64 Mending Things?

Tessa then went on to tell Cindy everything that had gone on, she also told her mom how she was feeling about things. You need to talk to Mariah before everything escalates into something else said, Cindy. I know mom, I'm hoping to talk to her tonight when she gets home. She's at work? Cindy was a bit shocked because Mariah had decided to go in! Err yeah, she did ask me if it was ok for her to go in for a couple of days, so she could catch up a bit and for her to get some stuff so she could work from home while Bowie was napping and when you guy's are here. She was going to take today off until I put her down this morning for falling asleep, even though she had made sure that Bowie would be safe. I just don't know where my short temper has come from mom? I seem to have no patience, when Mariah is trying to help me, in my eyes she's doing everything wrong! "look Tessa" a lot of it is hormones, you've just had a C-Section as well, so give yourself a break. I'm sure if you talk to Mariah and explain she will understand.

But make sure you talk sooner rather than later to her because you don't want to ignore the situation for long, especially seeing as we're all coming out for a visit, we don't want there to be an atmosphere between you two! I know I have to sort it out mom, but it just feels like everything that comes out of my mouth is a dig at Mariah. Well if you are that worried about what you might say in the heat of the moment, why don't you try sitting down when you've put Bowie down for a nap and try writing Mariah a letter? You might find it will stop you from getting flustered and heated when you are trying to get the right words out and take the pressure off you a bit. Awe, thanks mom that could be a great idea. I will try and see what comes when I try writing it down. You will probably find it easier if you write it like a real letter said, Cindy. Ok, I will try my best said Tessa, and thanks again for listening to me ramble on mom. That's what parents are for, bye love. bye, mom. Ooh and let me know how things go said Cindy before she ended the call. Will do said Tessa as she disconnected just as Bowie woke up from his short nap! Hey, Mr said Tessa looking down at him. I hope you take a longer nap than that this afternoon because I have to try and write your mom a letter! 

At Jabot Mariah was going at it full throttle. "Hey Mariah," said Kyle as he poked his head in through the door of her office. Are you ok? Err yeah, I think so why? Em well, you seem to be biting everybody's head off today, and that is most unlike you! Oh, I'm sorry said Mariah bursting into tears. Woah! Hey! It can't be that bad? said Kyle as Mariah sobbed into his chest as he held her. He cradled her for what seemed like half an hour to him, when she finally stopped he went and got her some coffee. Here you go, now do you want to tell me what that was all about? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to blub all over you said Mariah still trying to pull herself together. Hey come on you can talk to me you know, I've never seen you lose it like that before. So what's bothering you? And please don't say anything! Because you don't cry like that for anything! True said, Mariah. So come on please sit on the sofa with me and tell me what's going on with you please?

He took her hand and pulled her to the sofa and gave her the coffee he had brought for her. She took a small sip. Are you having trouble with the baby? he asked. I hear being a new parent can be very draining. No! He is a very good baby. He sleeps very well and only wakes for feeds and diaper changes. Ok! So then if that's ok the only other thing it could be is Tessa? Have you had a falling out? Um, I don't know is the answer! I'm confused said, Kyle. Me too said, Mariah. Then she told him about the incident with the towel and that she'd then come to work instead of helping out, and that Tessa had slept in the guestroom, so she'd taken the monitor and looked after Bowie all night, and then she'd got him in the morning and brought him into their room and she'd put pillows around him and then fell asleep. When Tessa woke up she walked in and screamed the place down, saying how could I fall asleep, and I screamed back that I made sure he would be safe before I fell asleep and then said I would be working from home and she said I didn't have to do that.