Chapter 9 I'm Coming Out !

After a couple of day's of being home Cindy was pushing Tessa to tell them what she wanted to talk to them about. Ok! Ok! Tessa had finally had enough of Cindy asking. Have either of you anything on social wise this evening ? Tessa asked. I'm definitely free said Cindy "Carl" she shouted out. How about you ? Ooh err ! I think I'm free. I'll go check my diary before I commit to an answer. Cindy huffed and told him to go and find out and hurry back, so we all know what we're doing. Ten minutes elapsed before Carl came back. I'm sorry he said someone phoned that's why I've been so long. That stopped Cindy from having a go at him about letting them wait around. Well ? Shouted Cindy. Oh I'm sorry he said again. Yes! Yes! I'm free tonight. Thank god for that said Cindy as she headed for the front door. Where are you off to now ? said Carl Well I thought I'd go and get us something special for dinner if that's ok ? Cindy waited for his answer. Err you don't have to do that chimed in Tessa, it's not like it's an important date or anything. 

Well said Cindy It's obviously important enough for you to tell us about it. So I'd like to make it special. There's no stopping you is there ? said Tessa. Nope ! said Cindy as she waved goodbye at the door. Carl started to laugh. Why the laughter ? asked Tessa. She didn't wait for my reply he said. Tessa laughed too. No she didn't said Tessa. I do hope she's not going to go to too much trouble ? said Tessa. Because what I want to tell you is just something I have been living with for quite a while now. Why have you never wanted to tell us before now ? asked Carl. Mainly because things are changing in my life said Tessa And I don't like keeping secret's , especially from you and Cindy. Not that I have said Tessa quickly. Tessa had decided to not tell them until after the meal had been eaten. Cindy had other plan's she wanted to know what Tessa was about to tell them before they had even sat down for dinner. Cindy ! No! said Carl getting annoyed with her. She will tell us in her own time. Cindy finally backed off asking Tessa.   So they all sat down at the dinner table later on. Tessa could see Cindy was biting her lip dying to ask Tessa a million questions.

 Once the plate's had been loaded into the dishwasher, Tessa asked them to go and sit down at the table . She took a deep breath . "Tessa" You can tell us anything you know we're good listener's. What ever it is it's obviously very important to you. So don't be scared . Just breath and let it out said Cindy holding her hand. Ok! she said trying to smile. First of all you are the best thing that's happened in my life. She began. I err have wanted to tell you this for quite a while now, but it never seemed to be the right time. When I was here at school I told all my friend's and I even told my guitar teacher Mr Heart. He always tried to get me to tell you , but I never seemed to get the right opportunity. It's not that I never wanted to tell you what I'm about to say. Ok so in that case take another deep breath and tell us then said Cindy. Err this was harder than Tessa thought. Why was it so easy telling all the people she told at school ? And now she was literally tongue tied ? Right I can see how difficult this is for you said Cindy. Let me go and make us all some tea and Tessa you just relax . Ok! said Tessa taking a huge breath. 

Carl went to the kitchen with Cindy. She's really stressed with what's on her mind isn't she ? Carl said to Cindy. Yes she is said Cindy in a very concerned voice. I wonder what it could be about ? Your asking me ? Carl pointed to himself. Well there's no one else here said Cindy. When she told us she wanted to talk, I have been racking my brains wondering what it could be. Is it something that happened while she was with her parent's ? Well it can't be any worse than what her father did to her said Cindy. Very true said Carl. Maybe that's what we have to say to her ? What ? said Cindy. That thing's can't be any worse than what happened to her, and how she ended up in our care said Carl. Maybe then she'll open up to us ? Well anything is worth a try. It's obviously something that is troubling her greatly. Let's just take the tea in and see how thing's go said Cindy handing Carl the cup's. They sat down at the table and handed Tessa the tea. Carl started to speak. Look Tessa what ever you need to tell us cannot be as bad as the day you told us what your father did to you. Tessa gasped. Cindy straight away reassured her. Come on she said please let it out.