Chapter 14 The Day Continues

Mariah felt something was happening between them as they sat at the table holding hand's and telling each other their life stories. Ok do you want to begin ? said Mariah Yeah! I guess so said Tessa. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. She gripped Mariah's hand tighter. Here we go then she thought to herself. One night my father had this special client who he wanted me to play for. I had to do it because I never had a choice in these matters. She looked up at Mariah. Hey it's ok said Mariah It's just me your telling. She wanted to go around the table and give Tessa a cuddle so bad at this point as Tessa took another deep breath. I came downstairs and there was this man and women waiting for me to play, after I'd finished the man gave me quite a lot of money. I don't think he knew what he was doing to be honest with you, I think he was as high as a kite ! Anyway the look on my fathers face as I was given this cash . Not only that but the man had said he'd take me off of my fathers hand's. My father turned on him and said my daughter is not going anywhere , least of all with you she's mine ! I was told by my father to leave .

I knew I was in trouble . So I stashed some of the cash in and envelope and put it outside my bedroom window, some under my bed and the rest in my drawer's because I knew my father would be coming for some of it. Oh god Tessa it must of been so scary ? said Mariah shocked. It was yeah . I didn't know when he would come , but I did know by his tone he was not happy that I got attention from this guy . Plus I got a lot of money . How much we talking ? asked Mariah Well I think when I looked about one thousand and seven hundred dollars in a bank account I opened ! Wow! And that's with your father taking some ? Yeah ! said Tessa He took more than that though. She looked at Mariah with sad eye's. This prompted Mariah to let go of Tessa's hand and go around the table and put her arm around her. She looked into Tessa's eye's come on tell me she said. Ok well my father did come into my room after I had fallen asleep, I woke up realising someone was there. The next thing I knew my father had his hand around my neck asking me where I had put the money. He dragged me around my room until I'd found the money in my drawer's. I never told him about the money under the bed or the envelope outside my window.

He threw it all on my bed and then threw me there too, he stuffed his pocket's full of some of the money and then fell on top of me. Oh god Tessa ! Mariah hugged her tighter. Tessa took a deep breath and continued . He then sexually abused me ! Tessa started to sob in Mariah's arms. Hey! Hey! your safe now said Mariah I am said Tessa feeling comfy in Mariah's arms. Afterwards he just left me there. That night I packed a rucksack and grabbed all the money that was left and just got out of there. I went to my guitar teacher's house and he called the service's . I now live with a lovely couple called Cindy and Carl who were made my foster parent's . But since I turned eighteen I now live under their roof permanently. My father is in jail ! After I had to testify against him . Oh wow it sounds like we've both been through it said Mariah. Letting go of her a bit. Can we have another drink here ? said Tessa My mouth needs a bit of lubrication. She smiled at Mariah. Go ahead said Mariah. Tessa waved for attention and asked if she could have some water ? They sat and chatted some more before Tessa said ok shall we do some more of the trail now ? Sure said Mariah as long as your ok ? Yeah! Yeah! I'm fine said Tessa come on. She grabbed Mariah's hand and went to go and explore the place some more.

From the restaurant they walked back and through Boston common and walked their way around until they reached Bunker Hill Monument . They climbed the stairs to the top . Two hundred and ninety four steps to be precise. Oh my god said Mariah What a view . I agree said Tessa Trouble is we have to go all the way back down again now. They both laughed. Once back at the bottom they decided to do the museum as well . By the time they had finished it was six o'clock in the evening . I don't know about you ? said Tessa But I'm getting hungry. I could do with something said Mariah. How about pizza ? Great idea said Tessa Well let's go and have a look on the phone for recommendations . She got her phone out. Here you go said Tessa It's called Ducali pizzeria and bar fancy that ? Prices don't look to bad either. Sure said Mariah delighted to be spending more time with Tessa. They managed to get a table . How about we have a pizza and salad ? asked Tessa What pizza do you have in mind ? asked Mariah They have a margarita D.O.C and casa which is a salad of mixed greens. Perfect smiled Mariah Are you up for a beer between us ? Tessa was trying to keep the costs down. As they had both come back early from the Christmas break to earn money.