Chapter 23 Rescue Mission

Is that true ? said Dena to Tessa What ? said Tessa. That she was always scared that her father would take her ? Well yes that is what she told me said Tessa Hang on said Dena to the cop's before they left. There was a person who came into the café about a year ago now maybe longer my memory's not what it was. A man came in and Mariah recognised him from the same cult as her. She wouldn't come out and serve anyone while he was in there. I asked him a few question's and he said he'd escaped and was on his way to California, he went to the truck stop and ended up getting on a truck. I got one of your lot to check he'd left said Dena . Ok mam well it sounds like the main lead is the cult, so we just have to work out how were going to find out if their there or not ? It's not a huge fence all the way around it , but they do have stuff delivered in van's which are checked at the security gate. Tessa looked at Cindy and Carl and then stepped forward. What if I try and go in the cult ? said Tessa You could maybe wire me up or something ? NO! screamed Cindy. 

It's ok said Tessa I will be fine, they can do a tracker or something on me ? This maybe the only way to find them she pleaded with Cindy. Ooh alright but only if they can satisfy me that you'll be safe said Cindy. Well folks let us go away and talk to our bosses and see what we can do said the cop's. We will be back tomorrow morning . They said their goodbyes and exited Dena and Frank's house. Once they left Dena said I need some coffee anyone else ? They all agreed to move into the kitchen where there was a huge table for them to all sit around. "Tessa" Are you sure about all of this ?  said Carl . It might be dangerous ? I'm absolutely positive said Tessa I want to go and save Mariah . How sure are you that she's even in there ? asked Dena. I'm one hundred percent sure said Tessa calmly. It's the only possible answer. We know the cult comes into Denver to recruit people to join. I have a funny feeling that the person who came to the café, saw Mariah working there before she hide out the back and then maybe reported back to where she was. 

Mariah was terrified her father would find her one day and haul her back ! What about Shelby though ? said Dena panicked. It's ok love said Frank putting an arm around his wife. I'm sure their together. He looked at Tessa for reassurance. Yes I'm sure of it too said Tessa with a smile trying to look convincing. Later on that day the cop's called around again, and gave Dena and Frank the sort of great news that the phone Mariah on her has got a tracker and is pinging in Boulder where the cult is. So we're pretty sure now where they are. Dena , Frank and Tyler were relieved . The cop's said they were still working on a plan to get Tessa into the compound some how . Tessa had walked outside onto the porch. Carl followed her . Hey you ok ? he asked as Tessa turned he could see tear's running down her face. Oh come here, he got her in a big bear hug . Your really into this girl aren't you ? I've never seen you like this before. I know it's stupid right ? I mean we've not really had a date yet ! I just felt this amazing connection with her and that's why I asked her to be my girlfriend. 

"Tessa" Things like this do happen to some people if their lucky, and it's not stupid to have a connection with somebody this intense before you've even gone on a first date together. You obviously both feel something is going on ? Otherwise you wouldn't be willing to go into this cult and try and save not only her but Shelby too. Carl hugged her again. You have mine and Cindy's blessing and full backing in this. That's why we brought you here to try and help. I know she said and I'm very grateful for you doing that. If Dena and Frank had of said no , I'd be sat at home right now climbing the wall's with worry. I'm sure you would be said Carl, but that doesn't mean Cindy and I won't worry while your doing this. I realise that and I'm going to be as safe as I can possibly be said Tessa. But I need to do this, because I can't see any other way of getting into the compound and finding out where they are. I just hope the cop's come up with a good enough plan that we all agree on said Tessa. 

Mean while nobody had come in since Shelby and Mariah had finished the food. They had no idea how long it had been  ? But Mariah had whispered to Shelby I'm going to try something . "Mariah" Shelby raised her voice a little louder than she wanted to. It's ok said Mariah . Hey if anyone is listening could you bring us some water please. Now we sit and wait said Mariah. She whispered to Shelby If they are listening in , where soon going to find out. Sure enough what seemed like hour's later water was delivered. Thankyou said Mariah when it arrived. Err can you tell the cult leader my father ! That I'd like to see him now please. Mariah looked at the underling, who looked at her a bit shocked. Yes I know said Mariah shocking isn't it that your own father would lock you up ! She stopped suddenly as her father figure entered the room . "Mariah" He said in a deep methodical voice. You wanted to see me ? Look I can probably understand why you kidnapped me , because I pissed you off by escaping this place. But to hold my sister Shelby. "sister" said Shelby smiling. Oh that's so nice ! I've been wanting to say it for a while said Mariah. You don't have a sister ! shouted her father. I do now said Mariah standing up in front of him .