Chapter 77 Headlines!

Less than twenty-four hours later the shit had hit the fan big time! Tessa's name and photos were front-page news all around the world. But for all the wrong reasons. Franki had written at length, about what Mariah had done to Tessa before she had gone on tour. And that Tessa was very angry with her and Tessa didn't know if she could ever forgive Mariah? So while she was on tour, she told Franki that she had a lot of thinking to do. But she was looking forward to seeing her kids and her parents, who would be flying out to New Zealand in a few weeks' time. Tessa was sitting reading it all on her computer screen. She was still in bed, where she had gone to when Devon had left her a few hours before. She then made the big mistake of turning the big TV on, and there she was headlining every news channel. Her phone was going mad too, with all the journalists trying to get hold of her, to find out who she was with when the photos were taken.

She turned the TV off and buried her head under the pillows. In Wisconsin, Mariah was flabbergasted by the news that was on her TV. She was even more pissed off that Devon had not rung her, to give her the heads up. I can't believe Tessa would throw me under the bus like this? At least I know now, I guess why she hasn't answered my email yet. It didn't take her long to get over me! Cindy and Carl did not know what to say to her when she came down later that morning for her breakfast. So Mariah said to them, I'm guessing you saw the news from Australia in the early hours? We did said, Carl. Have you talked to her? Mariah asked. No! but we have left her a message to get back to us as soon as she can. Well if you get through to her, can you ask her to have the decency to call me and tell me what the fuck is going on? Please.

I have no problem with doing that said Carl. Great said Mariah. I have to leave for work, and I'm sure my day is going to be hell! Oh and I've also given the heads up to the security team to keep their eyes open for journalists and cameramen. I don't want them taking pictures of the kids.  Also, I suggest you nip home and get some stuff and move in here until all this mess dies down. Because once they find out where you live, they will camp outside your house. I've told my parents to do the same. Ok said Carl I'll get onto it now. Cindy can stay here, while I go and sort stuff. Are you going to be ok? Cindy asked. Err, I don't know said, Mariah. I just want to talk to Tessa, and get the truth. Tessa has never been able to lie to me, so I'll soon know if she's genuine or not. I'll see if I can get a hold of Devon, while I'm at work and see what they are going to do. What do you mean? said Cindy. Well, they may have to cancel the tour, if this story escalates out of control.

I'm sure Devon will have to put Tessa on the screen, so she can explain everything. Are you going to be okay getting to work? Yes, I've organized a car and a bodyguard to take me, just in case there is a load of them outside work. Be careful said Carl as he left the house. Oh and Mariah. Yeah! Don't believe everything you hear. I'm sure there is an explanation for all of this. I know said Mariah, that's why I'm hoping Tessa will tell me everything and I'm hoping Devon will get her to call. When she got to Jabot, there were a few reporters and cameras outside the gate. Mariah just hide in the car until they were outside her office building. She heard all the cameras starting to click, taking pictures of her as quickly as they could. When she got to her office, she summoned Kyle and Jack into the boardroom. to tell them what was happening. Although if they saw the news this morning. they probably already knew.

When they had finished talking, she got her PA to make her a coffee, and then she got on the phone. She had no idea what the time was in Australia, she didn't really care. She needed to talk to Devon as soon as possible and then Tessa. She need Tessa to tell her everything, she would know then if it was true or not. Devon sounded wrecked when he answered Mariah's call. Hi Mariah, Hi, How bad is all this? she asked him. Err, to be honest, I have no idea at this point. All I know is, that we're still a sold-out tour, and no one has asked for their money back yet. And the promoters still want to stick with Tessa. So I guess at the moment the tour is still a go. Which is great for me and Tessa. Oh, that's great news said Mariah in a sad voice. Are you okay? said Devon. Err, well I was hoping to talk to Tessa, if you can get her to call me? I need to hear it from her. What the hell happened? Lucky for her, our kids can't read newspapers or go on social media yet. Is this her way of getting back at me Devon, for what I did before she left?