Chapter 46 House Hunting!

They had been back home in the shoebox a couple of weeks after their trip to Disneyland. Both of them had been run off their feet. Which meant the house hunting had taken a back burner for the time being. We need to start productively looking for a house said, Tessa over dinner one night. I know your right said, Mariah but neither of us has had enough hours in the day to look. I agree said, Tessa but this coming weekend I will be free. How about you? I'll go into work tomorrow and check said, Mariah and then send you a text. Ok, that will be great said, Tessa, we just need to get our act together because we want to buy a house before we get married. We do s and we will find somewhere said Mariah. I hope so said Tessa because I'd like us to get married as soon as possible. She smiled at Mariah. I'd like to marry you soon too said, Mariah, kissing Tessa on the cheek. Do you want to set a date? Mariah asked tongue in cheek. Really? said, Tessa with her eyes lighting up. Yeah! Really said, Mariah. That way we will have something to work towards.

Ok said, Tessa, do you have a date in mind? Well said, Mariah, we both love Halloween. We do said. Tessa. How about the thirty-first of October as a date then? I'm in said, Mariah, holding out her hand for Tessa to shake on the deal. Which she did. When Mariah got into work the next morning, she checked to see if she had the weekend off. She sent a text to Tessa saying house hunting weekend is on love M x! Tessa's face lit up in the studio reading the message. You look happy said, Devon. Yeah! I just got a text from Mariah saying we can start looking for a house this weekend, and we also just set a date for our wedding. Oh wow, Tessa, that is great news. Yes, it is said, Tessa, I can't wait to marry her. When are you thinking? asked, Devon. At the end of October next year hopefully. Well, that will work out well said, Devon. What will work out well? said, Tessa. The tour and you getting married. Tour? said, Tessa. Yeah! You'll probably be starting it around February time I think? The album is nearly finished, you just have a few tweaks to do here and there, and then it's promotion time.

Oh god ok well, let me break the news to Mariah before it goes viral and onto social media if that's ok? said, Tessa. No problem said, Devon. On her way home that night, she'd collected takeaway as a surprise for Mariah. She also wanted it to butter up Mariah when she tells her about going on tour again. Tessa wasn't sure how Mariah was going to take this! Tessa welcomed Mariah home and told her she had takeout arriving at seven-thirty, and for her to go and freshen up before it arrives and put her sweats on. She headed off to the bathroom. Mariah knew there was something up, she could tell by Tessa's body language. Mariah wondered what it is while she stood under the water in the shower. The takeout had arrived by the time she came back into the room. Tessa poured them a glass of wine each and handed Mariah hers. Well, thank you said, Mariah cheers. Cheers said, Tessa. Ok, I know this is all in aid of something? So why don't you just tell me?

How did you know? said, Tessa. Your body language always gives you away, Mariah smiled at her. Tessa leaned over the table and gently picked up Mariah's hand. Oh, God! Now I know it's serious said, Mariah. I've nearly finished the album so that means I will be promoting it leading up to Christmas. And then you'll need to go on tour again, blurted out Mariah. Before Tessa had a chance to say it. When does Devon want you to go? Oh, err around February time, which means I'll be back to help with our wedding plans for October. Mariah just stared, she was in a world of her own. "Mariah" shouted Tessa in a panicked voice. Are you ok? Yeah! Yeah! I just had a bit of a flashback that's all. You don't have to worry, I promise you everything will be ok. I do hope so said, Mariah because I don't think I can go through an ordeal like your father trying to kill you ever again. She looked so sad. Tessa got up and went around the table and pulled Mariah off her chair and into her arms.

Feeling Tessa's arms around her Mariah began to cry! It's ok said, Tessa, I have you, let it out. When the crying had subsided Mariah pulled away. I'm so sorry, I don't know where that came from? It's obviously been there for a while said, Tessa. You never really let me see you upset at the hospital when we were together. No! I guess I held it all in because I wanted you to take my strength and positive attitude to help you recover. And it worked said, Tessa. Smiling at Mariah. She grabbed Mariah and kissed her passionately. You don't have to be brave with me Mariah said, Tessa. I want you to talk to me. Ok! Ok! said, Mariah, I promise. Great! Let's clear all this up and enjoy our wine cuddled up on the sofa. Sounds good to me said, Mariah. Sitting relaxed later Tessa mentioned that they now had a head start as far as house hunting goes, especially now they know she will be on tour by February. I'd love us to be in by Christmas if we can? said, Mariah. Because I'd love us to be able to get both our family's here in Wisconsin, with the snow, etc.