Chapter 72 All Hell!

How dare you Mariah screamed Tessa, which made Bowie and Crystal cry. "Tessa" Please can we wait until we have put the kids to bed? You're raising your voice and making the kids cry! Tessa never said another word. Mariah just knew by the atmosphere that she had made a huge mistake. After Tessa came back down after putting Bowie down, they waited another half an hour watching the monitors in the kid's rooms just to make sure they had gone to sleep properly, and that they would not disturb them. Mariah took the opportunity to make some coffee. Tessa didn't want to sit next to Mariah, so she picked up her coffee and moved to the other sofa opposite. Ok, started Mariah I realize you might be upset with me for going behind your back? Oh my god, Mariah, You think I might be upset? said Tessa starting to raise her voice again. I am more than upset with you. How could you do something like this to me? And behind my back too?

Look in my defense, I just don't want you to go on a worldwide tour. And spend all that time away from the kids and me said Mariah a little flushed. Tessa started to shout again. I was in Devon's office because I was trying to see if we could juggle some dates around so that I could come home more often. Because I took on board what you had said this morning, about being away too long. Ooh, Tessa, that is wonderful news said, Mariah. Don't get excited said Tessa because after what you did I told Devon to forget it and not bother. Mariah started to cry. You only have yourself to blame for all of this Mariah. I don't dictate to you about going on trips with Jabot, and I stay home to look after the kids. "Tessa" screamed Mariah I don't go away for months! It's just a week here and there. Look I told you I would try my best to get you out to where I am or I would try to get home more. But then everything changed with one phone call because you picked up that phone and called Devon and told him that I wasn't going on tour and that was final!

Hell Mariah, you even hung up on him! I did said Mariah I was so mad. Well guess what Mariah, I'm here to tell you I will be going on that tour, you are not going to dictate to me. Do you understand? This is my job, and I love every second of it, and I thought you had my back and supported me all the way? But how wrong was I, which really makes me sad because I would never have done anything like this to you? I know we have kids, and I love them dearly but I still have to do my job, just like you do. I'm going to bed now in the spare room, I don't want to be anywhere near you at the moment! Goodnight Mariah, and with that Tessa picked up her coffee and headed up the stairs. When she sank onto the bed, she cried herself to sleep. Mariah sat downstairs for a while, wondering if she had finally gone one step too far with Tessa? And how the hell was she going to get out of the mess she had created?

As she walked past the spare room, she heard Tessa's muffled cries. She was tempted to go in, but she knew it was futile, Tessa had made it quite clear earlier that she didn't want to be anywhere near her. In the morning, there was no chit-chat between the two of them like there was normally. They just went about their normal routines getting the kids and themselves feed and ready for work, and waiting for Mariah's parents to turn up so they could both get on with their day. When Dena and Frank arrive, Tessa knew that her mom had probably called Dena to tell her something was going on? Dena was tiptoeing around so she wouldn't upset Mariah or Tessa any further. Tessa was glad she had to go into the Hamilton Winters studio today, which meant Dena couldn't get any information out of her as to what was going on between her and Mariah. Tessa quickly grabbed the stuff she needed for work, kissed the kids said goodbye to Dena and Frank, and then exited the house before Mariah had come down the stairs after she went up there to collect her phone which she left on the bedside table.

When she came back down, she realized Tessa had already left. Oh god, mom's going to come for me she thought. Dena and Frank had a little chat after Tessa left. There is something major going on said Dena. Tessa didn't even wait for Mariah to come back down the stairs. No goodbye, No I love you. This is serious, Cindy was right to worry. Look we can't interfere said Frank, they have to work it out. I know said Dena but what is it that's so bad, their ignoring one another? Dena could not wait any longer, as soon as Mariah hit that final step she was in. What's going on between you and Tessa? Did you have a fight when Cindy and Carl left? They said there was a bomb about to go off? Did it go off? Mom please, it's for me and Tessa to sort out. Yes, we had a fight, and yes the bomb exploded. Now we have to see if we can pick up all the pieces and put them back together? Mariah tried to smile but she had a sad face. Nothing can be that bad? said, Dena.