Chapter Part 37 Touring!

When Tessa landed in New York she was taken straight to the hotel where she would be staying until all the concerts were over. She unpacked a little bit just enough for the next few days. Her gig costumes were with Tanner's company, so at least she didn't have to drag them around every hotel she would be staying in. She didn't have to do anything until the morning when she would be picked up and taken to Madison Square Garden. Obviously, she always carried her two guitar's everywhere even though she knew Tanner's company would look after them while they were on tour. She always liked her favourite one close by just in case the urge took her to write a song. I suppose I could let them look after the other one for me because as she found out coming to New York, lugging two guitar's and all your luggage is no fun at all. She lay on the bed and sent Mariah a photo. And said I can't wait for you to be lying here next to me in a couple of days! I love you Tessa x

Mariah had just got home after a long day when she opened the message and photo of Tessa sprawled out on a huge bed. It made her smile and sad all at the same time, tonight was her first night in the shoebox on her own. But in two days she and Tessa would be reunited and then once she came back from New York the real work would begin, of four weeks of separation. She'd been working really hard in the office setting up meetings etc in all the places she would be meeting Tessa in. She'd also called Dena and Frank to tell them she would be coming home and the whole family was invited to Tessa's concert at The Bull Arena. Wow ! said Dena the crowds there are huge! Yeah! Tessa is playing to crowds of about twenty thousand people at every concert. Tanner Watts has a huge following. He does said Dena some of his songs are lovely. I'm sure they are said, Mariah. Where is Tessa starting from? asked Frank. Well your not going to believe this, but she will be on stage at Madison Square Gardens! I can't wait to go and see her.

She then went on to tell them about seeing Tessa every four weeks while she's on tour. Oh and I'm sorry but I won't be staying with you while I'm in Denver! Oh said Dena why not? Err well Tanner's management has already booked a hotel for us to stay in over the weekend we're there, so we won't see you other than the concert. So we won't see you until then? said Frank disappointed. Well, there is no reason why we can't pop round for lunch or something? The best thing I can do is ask Tessa what happens. Right well, that sounds good said, Dena. Ok well, I have to go. I love you all as she put down the phone. She went and had her shower, eat her food made herself some coffee, and then face timed Tessa for a chat. Tessa showed her a video of the room, that she'll be staying in with her. Ooh wow said Mariah that is very fancy. I can't wait to be there with you. Me neither said Tessa I have a really busy day tomorrow sorting out costume changes and timings and sound checks and then the big deal the day after.

I'll be there to hold your hand doesn't worry said, Mariah. Oh, I think you may be a tad daunted by Madison Square Garden when you first see the stage you'll be on! I will be said Tessa I've looked at picture's but I'm guessing that doesn't do the place justice? Nope! It sure doesn't said, Mariah. Just take a deep breath and ooh while I'm talking to you and I know it's a way off yet, but Dena and Frank are a bit disappointed we won't be staying with them. Is there any time we could spend with them? Err well in Denver I'm doing the Friday and Saturday night, and I love Dena and Frank but I was hoping to have Sunday with you all to myself? Before you have to take the red-eye back on Monday. I agree with that said Mariah. How about if we could fit them in for lunch on Friday? I'll be flying in around 6am. Sounds good said Tessa I will have to leave around four for the soundcheck and get ready for the concert. What one are Dena and Frank and everybody coming to? 

Oh, the one on Saturday night I think? Well, we could go for a drink with them afterward too? That would be amazing said Mariah I'm sure they would appreciate that. Ok well, I guess I'd better let you go so you can get a good night to sleep ready for tomorrow said, Mariah. Oh, all right said Tessa I'll miss not being able to cuddle up to you tonight. I love you, talk tomorrow. She blew Mariah a kiss. Are you sure you won't be too tired tomorrow? "Mariah" Even if I am I still want to talk to you every day I'm away, even if it only ends up being five minute's ok? Ok said Mariah night my love. She blew Tessa a kiss and then the line got disconnected. Mariah was sad she had an empty bed to get into. But once she'd snuggled down it didn't take her long to fall asleep. The alarm was buzzing as Mariah woke up from a wonderful dream about waking up in that hotel room with the huge bed with Tessa. It was 6am, she put the bed away flicked on the kettle and headed for the shower.