Chapter 89 Two More?

Thank god for that said Tessa she's with Chantelle. I best ring her and see what they are up to. Okay, madame, anything else I can do for you or help you with you know where to find me. Yes, thank you Jaque and I'm sorry I was a bit stern with you. That's okay madame, these things happen. Not very often to me than goodness said, Tessa, hanging up the phone. Right, I need to buck my ideas up said, Tessa. She went and spruced herself up a bit and then picked up her phone and dialed Mariah's number. Mariah felt her phone vibrating in her pocket, while she was enjoying a lovely coffee with Chantelle, in a lovely cafe near the Eiffel Tower. She knew it would be Tessa trying to apologize and wanting to know where she was. Mariah decided to ignore it. Tessa was getting madder by the minute! She was fuming that Mariah was deciding to ignore her. "Oh for god's sake Mariah" Answer your dam phone, but she didn't. Chantelle noticed Mariah fidgeting. Are you okay? she asked. Err yeah, it's just my phone's going off said, Mariah. Don't you want to answer it? Not really, I know who it is. Oh, who? asked Chantelle. "Tessa," said Mariah sharply.

you don't want to talk to her? said Chantelle being nosey. "No" snapped Mariah back. Is it because of the state she was in last night? And the fact, that we had to help you get her back to the suite? It's more than that said Mariah I spent most of the night on the sofa because she was that drunk. I'd never seen her that bad before, and when we got back to the room she was not playing ball, and in the end, I lost my temper with her. Which I would never do normally, and I know she's trying to apologize by phoning me, but I'm just mad at her at the moment and need a bit of time out. So I called you and asked you to meet me for a coffee said Mariah with a smile. Ah I see said Chantelle I wondered why Tessa was not with you. Yeah, I left her asleep on the terrace, she had no idea that I had left the hotel. I guess she's calling to find out where I am? said, Mariah. You don't want to tell her you are with me? Chantelle asked. No, not at all said Mariah I really just need some me time, and to be honest Tessa can just stew for a while, it won't hurt her. Okay, said Chantelle whatever you say. Half an hour later, Tessa had her finger poised over Chantelle's number.

She pressed it. If she wants to talk to me, she thought I'll go in through the back door. Chantelle's phone began to ring. Mariah saw the look on her face. It's Tessa, isn't it? Yes, said Chantelle What do you want me to do? I'm guessing she's trying to find out where I am said Mariah so you'd better answer it. Hi, Tessa, said Chantelle in a chirpy voice. Hi, can you please get Mariah to talk to me? I know that she is with you. Chantelle mouthed to Mariah that Tessa knew she was with her. Mariah gestured to Chantelle to give her the phone. Chantelle passed it to Mariah. Good morning said Mariah I see you are awake. Yes, I'm so sorry for my antics last night. I don't know what came over me, or why I got so drunk. And I'm sorry you felt the need to sleep on the sofa too said Tessa in a very pleading voice. "Tessa" you were so drunk, that when I finally got you into bed after an immense struggle with you, I came out of the bathroom, only to find you comatosed flat on your back, snoring your head off! It was five in the morning by then, so the only peace I could find was on the sofa said Mariah in a not-very-happy voice.

I then woke up, went out onto the terrace, and found you snoring your head off again, under the sun shade. So I decided to shower, call Chantelle and go for a coffee. Which I'm doing now at a lovely cafe near the Eiffel Tower. "Mariah" I can't apologize enough. In my defense, it was so unlike me! I think after all that had happened to get us to that point, I just needed to kick off a bit. Will you come back to the hotel please, after you've finished your coffee with Chantelle of course so that I can grovel for your forgiveness? We are still going out with Chantelle for dinner later aren't we? asked Tessa. Yes of course we are said Mariah I will be back in the next hour or so, Okay? Great, said Tessa tell Chantelle I look forward to seeing her later. Would you like me to order some lunch? inquired Tessa. Maybe just a croissant said Mariah because we're out for dinner later. I can do that said Tessa saying goodbye, so Mariah could get back to her coffee. So glad we're still doing dinner said Chantelle. After Mariah came off the phone.