Chapter 25 I love you too.

Are you all packed? asked Cindy Yes! came the reply as Tessa arrived with her suitcase. Ok, let's start the journey home then said Carl as the cab driver helped them load their suitcases. Have you spoken to Mariah yet? said Cindy. No! I'm sure she's busy with her family said Tessa a little sadly. Do you mean you've not told her you're leaving either? said Carl No! Well, I just want her to enjoy being back with Dena and Frank, she's been through a pretty big ordeal. Yes, she has but I'm sure she wants to hear from her girlfriend who rescued her? Ooh, don't worry I'll send her a message once I'm home. Mariah was sitting with Dena and Frank drinking coffee at the kitchen table. What's up? said Dena Are you ok? Yeah! I think so, I'm just a bit taken aback by what my father did to me and Shelby. Also, I can't believe that Tessa volunteered to come and rescue us. She disappeared so quickly afterward I had no chance to say thank you to her. I think she was just pleased you were back in our arm's said, Dena. She's a lovely human being and I can't wait to get to know her better, now she's your girlfriend. Err yeah I can't wait to get to know her better either said, Mariah.

Have you not messaged her? asked Frank No! said Mariah Should I? Well, the least you could do is thank her because I think Carl said they were heading to the airport in his text, that he and Cindy sent me to say they were glad you were home safe and sound and that Tessa was able to help find you both. "Airport" shouted Mariah That means I won't see her until I get back to Boston. Do you want me to call Carl and see when their flight is? Yes please said Mariah I need to see her before she leaves. Ok well, let's head for the car then said, Frank. Where are you both going? asked Dena. To the airport! I need to talk to Tessa said, Mariah. Ooh ok well,  let's all go to say goodbye and thankyou said Dena she called Shelby and Tyler. Dena drove while Frank called Carl. Why was Frank calling? asked Tessa from the back of the cab as it pulled in at the airport. Err ooh he was just thanking us for bringing you to rescue the girls and saying have a safe trip back. Oh ok ! said Tessa with a little disappointment in her voice. Cindy grabbed Carl out of the cab and out of earshot of Tessa asked What's going on?

Err well Frank and the gang are on their way here to wave us off! And also Mariah need's to talk to Tessa! Ooh, I see said Cindy smiling Will they get here in time? Yeah! Plenty I told Frank where we would be. Carl smiled at Cindy. I just hope it will cheer her up said Cindy looking at Tessa glum face I'm sure it will be said Carl Let's go and get rid of the luggage and then find where Caribou coffee is. They were sitting there enjoying their coffee when Carl's phone blipped to say that Frank and the gang were in Centre core and were heading their way. Carl smiled reading it. Is everything ok? asked Cindy. Yeah! Could not be better said, Carl. Cindy followed his eye line and saw Frank, Dena, Shelby, Mariah, and Tyler heading their way. Which brought a smile to her face too. What are you two smiling about ? said Tessa. He said in a deep voice from behind her. Hi, Frank said Carl. Tessa turned around slowly to see Mariah's face light up with joy at seeing her. It was as if everyone else did not exist around them. They only had eyes for one another. 

Tessa stepped forward and took Mariah in her arms in front of everyone and kissed her passionately. When they came up for air Tessa apologized and turned bright red. I've wanted to do that since I rescued you, I love you said, Tessa. I love you too said Mariah smiling. You do ? said Tessa. Yes, I do say Mariah. I know you said it to me and I was apprehensive saying it back, but being in a situation like Shelby and I was bringing things into perspective. I wanted to say thank you very much for coming all this way and rescuing me and I didn't want you to go home without knowing that I love you and I'll see you in Boston in a week! You will say Tessa smiling as she turned around to both family's applauding them both. Mariah and Tessa both laughed. Maybe we could also arrange our first date? said Mariah. Tell you what you arrange it said Tessa I'll send you my schedule for the next semester. She smiled at Mariah and kissed her again. Right, you two I'm sorry to split you up, but we have to go and get on a plane said, Carl. Tessa looked sad I'm sorry I have to leave turning to face Mariah again. It's ok said Mariah leaning in for another kiss. We'll be back in Boston before you know it and then we'll be together with no one watching us!