Chapter 68 A Lot Has Happened

After Tessa's spell in hospital, it took her a while to stand on her own two feet again. When their families went back to their respective Chicago and Denver, they decided after talking to the girls to retire and move to Wisconsin to be nearer to them. The girls were thrilled to have family on hand. Mariah was a little worried about how Shelby and Tyler will feel about Frank and Dena leaving Denver, but both of them lived closer to Wisconsin now than in their old home in Denver, so they were both thrilled they would be able to visit more often. So eight months after Tessa had gotten out of the hospital, they all came to live at the house until they had all found new properties in Genoa City. It was lovely for them to see Bowie grow up and be there for his first birthday. Mariah just laid on a little something at home for him and even managed to bake him a cake.

Not long after Bowie's birthday, Tessa decided to find out if she still had her singing voice? Devon had kindly given her one of the studios to practice in. She'd asked Mariah to go with her for moral support. Tessa started by organizing the Grandparents to have Bowie for the day, she also told Devon that she had secretly been trying her voice out in her garden studio for months since Mariah had gone back to work a Jabot. Oh wow! said Devon so I'm guessing you have your full range back? I do said Tessa Joyfully. So why are you taking Mariah for moral support if you don't need it?  Ah well, I need her there because I've written a song for her, inspired by her. Ah okay, now I see said, Devon. Do you need a tech person there to record it? Yes please said Tessa I was thinking next Saturday? That gives me time to arrange things like Bowie etc. No problem said Devon What's the song title? Err, I've called it Everytime. I can't wait to hear it. Me neither said, Tessa.

She phoned the families to tell them the plan and also told them Mariah had no idea that I can sing again because I'd been doing it all in secret. When Saturday came around, Mariah was very reluctant to go with Tessa. She'd had such a busy time at work, she just wanted to rest and relax. "Mariah" I need you to come and hold my hand, it will be the first time I would have sung, I need you there I can't do this without you. Oh okay, said Mariah you win, I'll go and get Bowie's stuff ready. No need said Tessa our families will be here any minute to look after him, I didn't want any distractions. You are nervous, aren't you? Yeah, I am, because I have no idea how it's going to sound after all this time. Once the family arrived, Mariah drove herself and Tessa to the studio. Is Devon going to be there? Err no! I told him I needed to do this on my own so to speak, but he has provided a tech person so I can get levels, etc.

Brilliant thinking said, Mariah. When they walked in, Tessa started to do some vocal warm-ups, although unbeknown to Mariah she had gotten up early and done some at home. Tessa went and talked to the tech guy. Ok, Mariah, you're coming in the booth with me. I'm what? I need you in there with me, come on. Tessa grabbed her hand and pulled her into the booth. There were already two stools in there waiting, Tessa helped Mariah onto one. Why do I feel like I'm being set up? said Mariah. Tessa kissed her on the lips. She signaled to the tech guy, and some beautiful guitar music started to play. Mariah, you are the love of my life, you have made my heart whole, and I just wanted to say thank you for always being there for me. I've written this song since I left the hospital and practiced it over and over again. It's written specifically for you and was inspired by you. It's called Everytime, I hope you like it. She kissed her on the lips again, as she took a deep breath and started to sing.

We've tried our best to ruin this. Stripped to the ground we built it brick by brick. Time and again, Time and again, Time and again, Time and again. This isn't perfect. Neither are you. Neither am I. But I choose this Everytime. I choose this Everytime. Everytime. Between our overthinking, Our defenses are not blinking. Because I choose this. This sacred space. Our sofa bed. Despite the mess we confess. Safe and sound. Time and again. Time and again. Time and again. Time and again. This isn't perfect. Neither are you. Neither am I. But I choose this Everytime. I Choose you Everytime. Everytime. Between our overthinking. Our defenses I'm not blinking. Because I choose this. This is not a love song. This is real life. This is honest. This is right when we are wrong. And this is not a love song. This is our life. This is our mess and there is nothing here to fix. This is not a love song. This is real life. This is real love. And I choose this Everytime. I choose you Everytime. Everytime. Between our overthinking. Our defenses I'm not blinking. Because I choose this. When the music faded out, Mariah was in floods of tears.