Chapter 65 Touch and Go!

Mariah was fast asleep holding Tessa's hand when she got a tap on the shoulder. When she looked up she realized it was daylight outside and there standing beside her was Dena. Mariah rubbed her eyes thinking she was dreaming, until she looked around and saw Frank, Carl. and Cindy standing there too. The next thing she did was look down at the crib, Bowie was not in it! It's ok said Dena the staff has taken good care of him all night so that you could get some rest. Oh, mom! Mariah flung herself into Dena's arms. It's ok, everything will be ok Tessa is a fighter, she's done it once before and she can do it again. Cindy seconded what Dena had said. Mariah took a little break with Dena, Frank, and Bowie while Cindy and Carl sat with Tessa. Look let me and your dad look after Bowie at the house, while you, Carl, and Cindy stay by Tessa's bedside. If we have any problems with him we will let you know, and I promise we will bring him into the hospital now and again.

"Mom" I don't want you and dad running yourselves into the ground looking after Bowie for us said, Mariah. We won't said Frank reassuring her. What your mom's trying to say, is you need to be here at the hospital twenty-four-seven at the moment, at least until Tessa is out of the woods so to speak said Frank. So please let us take a little of your stress away by looking after Bowie for you? At least he will be in his bed at night and you know he will be well looked after, you know that. I know said Mariah in a sad voice. It's just that he takes my mind off of Tessa every time I have to change his diaper or feed him a bottle. Dena grabbed both of her hands. "Love" We can bring him into the hospital anytime you want us to. All you have to do is call or message us. Ok, mom! You win said Mariah picking Bowie off of the playmat she'd brought with her and handing him to Dena. Mariah kissed Bowie on the cheek and told him that his two moms loved him.

Before she went back to Tessa she kissed her parents and said thankyou. Ok, I'd better go and ask what Cindy and Carl would like to do before you disappear with Bowie. Ok said Frank Dena you stay here while I go with Mariah and see what Cindy and Carl's plans are. No problem said Dena I'll keep an eye on the little man until you get back, and then we will go and settle him into a routine. Mariah went into Tessa's room to explain what was happening to Bowie to Carl and Cindy and also to ask them what they would like to do? Carl took the lead and said, well I guess now that we have seen Tessa we could go back to the house for a while, and then come back whenever you need a break? Oh, don't worry about me said Mariah I won't be going anywhere until she at least wakes up. They are getting me a reclining chair for me to sleep in today, so I can stay right beside her. Unfortunately, there's no room for a proper bed like there was in Chicago. "Mariah" You need to rest at some point, " said Cindy sternly. I will rest when this nightmare is over said, Mariah. 

Dena and Frank said they will bring Bowie here whenever I want to see him, it will also do Tessa good to hear him now and then, even if it's just to hear his cries. It might stimulate her to wake up? Ok well let me go and see if Frank and Dena mind hanging around for another half an hour with Bowie, and then you can go back to the house and settle in properly. An hour later and Mariah finally waved them off, she then got herself a coffee on her way back to sit in the new chair beside Tessa. It was so much comfier than the upright chair she had sat in last night. The nursing staff had also supplied some pillows and blankets. She put her face right next to Tessa's. Ok, we never knew this was going to happen when I left for work yesterday morning. I was expecting us to talk it out when I got home. Instead, you frightened the life out of me, by being slumped on the floor in the nursery. "Tessa" I need you in my life, we have one heart and a little boy who is missing his mama, so please if you can hear any of this can you please come back to us, so that I can say I'm sorry if I upset you with what I did.

I was just laughing, I seem to be putting my foot in it a lot while I'm around you and I don't know why that is? But that doesn't matter at the moment because I just need you to concentrate on fighting. I love you so much. She leaned over and kissed her on her forehead. Again they held hands all night. In the morning, Dena called her to tell her Bowie was ok and he had even let them have a lie in until seven! Wow! Lucky you said, Mariah. Do you need us to bring him in to see you today? Dena asked. No mom, It's ok I have a big doctor's meeting today, to hopefully tell me things have improved overnight. I will obviously call you all when it is finished. Ok but please look after yourself, go and grab yourself some breakfast and coffee before it starts. I will mom I promise, bye. Bye love, Mariah disconnected the call. The nurses came in and told Mariah they were going to change Tessa's IV in her arm and change all the dressings on her head and freshen her up a bit. It might be a good time for you to go and get yourself some coffee and something to eat said one of them.