Chapter 40 Chicago !

After calling in on San Francisco where she meets up with Mariah again. Tessa had done dates in Los Angeles, Arizona, Las Vegas and finally arrived after four months on the road in her hometown of Chicago. She was holed up in the Hotel Lincoln and would be performing at the United Centre for her final two gigs of the tour. Her following had hit major level's in the last four months, so much so that she couldn't really go anywhere now without security! Which meant that Cindy and Carl's house was being stalked out by reporters and cameramen. It was so disappointing for her that she couldn't just pop in for a lovely family meal like she and Mariah had done in Denver. A lot has changed since then she thought! For one Mariah is now her fiancé, and in many people's eye's she was now a mega superstar and was going places. Life was never going to be the same again for her. She was loving singing to thousands of people at every gig, but the traveling and being away from Mariah was taking its toll on her.

I'll be glad when I'm in the shoebox again and I can have some normality. She said to herself. She'd told Devon that she knows he's excited because he has sponsorship coming at him from everywhere for her, but she told him she wants at least two months off when she gets home. I just want to be normal, Tessa told him. "Tessa" You do realize that through social media etc you have millions of fans who all want to see you? Which could mean a world tour pretty soon! "Devon" Listen to me please she said. I need to take a couple of months off when I get home, and then I am all yours. Err yeah well I guess it will have to be said, Devon. Tessa was recalling the conversation when there was a knock on her hotel door. I didn't order room service Tessa thought as she went to open the door. There was another knock and Tessa shouted out ! "ok I'm coming" She opened the door and there standing in front of her was Mariah ! "what the hell "? Tessa swept her up in her arms.

"Surprise," said Mariah as they broke apart. Tessa had tear's in her eyes. Hey! What's up? said Mariah concerned. Oh, it's nothing said Tessa While wiping the tear's away. Mariah trundled her case into the suite of rooms Tessa had. Oh my !! said Mariah this is very very fancy. She went to the bedroom and sorted out her things while Tessa ordered them some coffee and some light bite's for breakfast. When Mariah came out of the bathroom, room service had arrived. She sat down on the sofa with Tessa who handed her some coffee. Thank you said, Mariah. Tessa smiled and said your welcome. Ok, let's clear the elephant in the room shall we ? said Mariah. What elephant? said Tessa. The reason you had tear's in your eyes when we hugged and you said it was nothing! Oh that said Tessa I was just pleased you were here, I was missing you so much and I just want to get back to our little shoebox and be normal for a while. That's all? Be normal? said, Mariah. What does that mean? 

Oh, I was just sad I couldn't go around to Cindy and Carl's house and have a home-cooked meal without all the cameras and reporters outside everywhere. My life's not my own anymore Mariah! I've told Devon that I need to take a couple of months off when we get home to Wisconsin. Oh ok, Mariah was holding her hand. Your finding thing's a little overwhelming? said, Mariah. You could say that said Tessa. Devon's on about me having millions of fans because of social media and they all want to see me! So he's on about a world tour which would mean more time away from you and he's also excited about all the sponsors who want to put money into me! But your not? said, Mariah. Don't get me wrong, I love performing in front of twenty thousand fans every night. But the rest of the fame thing I could do without said, Tessa. Getting up and helping herself to some pancakes and fruit. Look maybe it's just scaring you a bit because you've never experienced anything like this before and it's all a bit overwhelming, and you've been on the road for four months living out of a suitcase said, Mariah. It's bound to get to you.

Yeah, you may be right to a point said, Tessa. But I'm thinking about the future too! What do you mean by that? asked Mariah. Well! Tessa held the hand with the ring she'd given her. This here is important to me said Tessa pointing to the ring. I don't want to spend most of our married life on the road away from you! I don't think it will be quite that bad? said, Mariah. "Mariah" I've just spent the last four months on the road and I've seen you precisely four times! If I have to do a world tour? You won't be able to get on the red-eye and get back in time to go to work at Jabot. Which you love and I don't think Jack and Kyle will be happy if you start having weeks off here and there, and there is all the jet lag to worry about! Hey come on, Mariah started to calm Tessa down. Me and you we have one heart remember? Tessa nodded. I'm not letting go no matter what! You were born to sing. You have a gift that the whole world should be able to hear, and if that means you have to travel so be it.