Chapter 12 Question's ?

Mariah woke up very happy. She kept on reading the text message Tessa had sent her late last night. I can't wait for seven o'clock to get here fast enough when we can go for that pizza she thought. She slowly emerged from bed and headed for the shower and then got ready for her shift. When she got out her phone it pinged ! She ran over and picked it up hoping it would be Tessa again. She was disappointed when she found out it was Shelby wishing her luck for tonight, and to get her to call her when Mariah gets back . So she can tell her all the details of what happened. Mariah got dressed and headed out. She was going to grab herself some coffee and breakfast on her way to clear her head. She wasn't hung over or anything but she needed some thinking time. 

Tessa rolled out of bed feeling like she had drunk a bottle or two ! Even though she hadn't . She stood under the shower for forever to try and wake herself up, it wasn't working very well. She had had a very restless night dreaming about Mariah. What if she was gay ? What if she wasn't ? What would she do in that scenario ? Would she just be able to be friend's with Mariah ? So many bloody question's ! Tessa thought her head might explode thinking of every outcome. No wonder my head hurts she thought. I need some Tylenol. She went into the bathroom cabinet to search for some. She took two with a cup of coffee she'd made herself. Slowly getting dressed she wondered what Mariah was doing ? Getting ready to go to work just like me I guess ? Tessa got out the door and headed for the nearest coffee house near the restaurant where she works. She was early anyway so had plenty of time to sit down and maybe order some toast ? 

It was a great little place it had loads of table's outside where you could sit and watch the world go by. While soaking up the sun one of her friend's walked by . Tessa called her over for a chat and offered her a coffee. They sat and chatted in the sunshine. Tessa did not realise that Mariah was across the street watching her ! Mariah had walked for a while and had found herself on a lovely street , with loads of place's that sold coffee ! She sat down at a table and a waitress came over and Mariah gave her an order of a soy latte with a ham omelette please. She thought that would see her through until she went out for pizza later with Tessa. She was looking at messages on her phone and just happened to look up and across the street. She saw Tessa sit down at a table. Shall i go over and say Hi ? Nope Mariah your going to be seeing her later she told herself. While she was waiting , she saw a waitress bring Tessa some coffee and what she thought looked like toast ? I have to stop staring Mariah thought. Just as a girl stopped in front of Tessa. Tessa got up and they kissed one another on the cheek. 

Oh god no! Alarm bell's were going off in Mariah's head. Girlfriend ? she thought. How could I be so bloody stupid thinking she like me ? Oh you idiot Mariah. And with that thought ringing in her head Mariah finished her coffee and omelette and headed for her work place. Feeling rally sad. Tessa was chatting away to her friend , when she happened to look over the road as Mariah was leaving. You look like you've seen a ghost said her friend . Yeah ! Sort of said Tessa. There's a girl I want to get to know from Boston Uni. I think she just got up from a table over there. Tessa pointed to a place across the road. Why didn't she come and say hi ? said Tessa' s friend. I have know idea said Tessa. I wonder how long she was there for? Why? said Tessa Well maybe she saw me arrive and thought something's going on between us ! What ? No! She wouldn't think that surely ? I have know idea said her friend, but don't you think it's weird if she saw you sitting here why didn't she come over ? Something stopped her ? You really think that ? said Tessa getting worried. Maybe who knows said her friend. Look I have to get to my shift and so do you . Don't you ? Yes I guess so said Tessa. Do I send her a message ? Tessa asked her friend . If you need to send one . Her friend her a hug and was off.

Tessa had to hurry too her shift started in fifteen minutes time. Luckily it was just around the corner. Tessa mulled over whether to send Mariah a message while she was at work. I'll wait until my first break which would be around lunch time. When she finally got her break she grabbed her coffee and a muffin. To keep her going. She sat down out the back of the restaurant where the owner had put a small area where the staff could sit and have a rest. She pulled out her phone and thought about how to word the message she wanted to send Mariah. Mariah mean while was trying to take her mind of off what she saw at the coffee place across the street from where she was sitting. She has a girlfriend ? That has to be who that was ? I mean you don't kiss a friend or hug them like that. Do you ? I have no idea she thought to herself. She carried on clearing table's and taking order's. Right said Tessa I need to get this right. Hi ! I saw you this morning leaving the coffee house over the street from where I was . I was wondering why you didn't come over and say hi ? I was with my best friend from college called Lola . Anyway I hope your still up for pizza tonight ? Tessa x She reread it and thought it was ok so she sent it.