Chapter 118 Ceremony

Tessa and Mariah flew to the vacation home, the very next morning. Tessa went for a swim in the ocean to calm her nerves a bit, before all the fun started at three o'clock the next afternoon. When the team would arrive to get them ready for the Grammy's red carpet. It took place at the Chinese Theater, where all the names of big stars, their hands, and footprints were as well as the stars set in concrete on the sidewalk going down the street. Tessa had a terrible night's sleep, thinking about everything. The next morning Mariah got up to make them coffee. When she got back to their room, she opened up their balcony so that they could hear the ocean. I love that sound, said Mariah climbing back into bed. She looked over at Tessa who gave no response. Are you okay? asked Mariah a little worried. Err yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't have a very good night's sleep. So I feel a bit drained this morning. I think I'll go for a swim, calm my nerves a bit. Tessa started to get up. Hey, said Mariah pulling her back down. Drink your coffee first maybe? Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot you made me some. Tessa started to drink it slowly. What are you so nervous about? asked Mariah. Everything said, Tessa. I'm going to make a fool of myself, in front of all those important people.

"Tessa" shouted Mariah startling Tessa. You do realize you are one of those important people. Don't you? No, no, I don't think I am said Tessa nervously. Mariah walked around the bed and pulled Tessa up. She walked her out onto the balcony. Mariah turned Tessa to face her. You don't get nominated in three categories, and have all this if your not an important person said Mariah kissing her gently on the lips. You have earnt your right to be at the Grammys like everyone else. She kissed her again. Thank you said Tessa with a smile. I needed to hear that. I just felt like, I was such a fake compared to everyone else in the same categories, and who would be there? "Tessa" You're the most genuine person I know. You have never been fake said Mariah reassuring her. They went down and had some breakfast. After which, Tessa did manage to have her swim in the ocean for half an hour. I feel on top of the world now, proclaimed Tessa as she entered the house with a towel wrapped around her. I'm glad the swim helped said Mariah. Go and relax and I will make us some coffee. Okay said Tessa as she headed back out to the sun loungers. Mariah followed shortly afterward. Here you are. She handed Tessa a big mug of steaming hot coffee. I'm sorry we couldn't have come out here a few days earlier like we planned to do said Mariah sitting down.

It's okay said Tessa Your work is just as important as mine. Not only that, but I think it would have made me more nervous being out here at the house for any longer. At least while we were at home, I had the kids to take my mind off of stuff. Yes, I suppose your right said, Mariah. At least we can stay a few extra days, now that I cleared that work matter up that stopped us from coming in the first place. We have a couple of days at least before our parents bring the kids out here said Tessa. I think our parents would have loved to have been here tonight when we got back from the Grammy's said Mariah. I'm sure they would said, Tessa. But I am so glad they're not! It would have been too much, with them and the kids being here. I would have felt so overwhelmed. I still can't believe that in a few hours time, we will be getting ready to go to the Grammys. Me neither said, Mariah. I'm so excited to be going. I'm just thrilled, you will be right by my side said Tessa. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else said Mariah with a big smile on her face. Let's just try and chill in this lovely weather, and also enjoy the view. They made themselves some lunch. Before long, it was time for them to go and take a shower. So that they were ready for when the team arrived, dead on time at three o'clock. Wow! They don't mess around said Tessa as they heard the doorbell at the front of the house going off.

Mariah went and let them in. Tessa put on a huge cup of coffee. I think we're going to need this thought, Tessa. They sat in the makeup chairs for more than an hour, having their hair and makeup done. They were still in their bathrobes. The team didn't want them to get into their dresses and shoes until the last minute. At five o'clock the limo pulled up into the driveway. The team was there to wave them off. Their job was done. It would take them, over an hour to get to the Chinese theater from where they live. Traveling in the limo, Mariah held Tessa's hand the whole way there to reassure her. The nearer they got, Mariah could tell Tessa was getting more and more nervous, by the tension in her hand. Hey, it's going to be alright. I am right here with you. I shall hold your hand, all the way up the red carpet. We're nearly there mam, said the driver. We have to wait in line behind the other limos, for our turn on the red carpet. Tessa's hand squeezed Mariah's. Ouch! said Mariah. I'm so sorry said Tessa apologizing profusely. It's okay said Mariah I know how tense you are. Don't forget about what Devon said, about all the cameras flashing. The limo pulled right alongside the red carpet. Then people stepped forward to open the car doors for them.