Chapter 60 New Start?

Save us from what? said Mariah getting more agitated by the minute. From making the biggest mistake of your lives said, Dena. What mistake? said Tessa. At the rate you two are going by not talking to one another for months, we can see the divorce courts looming up ahead said, Cindy. It's not that bad said Mariah starting to choke up with tears. Oh really? said Frank. We're just not talking said Tessa. Not that bad? Your sleeping in separate room's for goodness sake said, Carl. Which seems pretty bad to us! Tessa looked at Mariah who had tears rolling down her face, as did she. Anyway, we know you both like getting out of your work clothes before dinner, so please go and do that said, Frank. We'll get dinner done and the table laid said Dena taking Cindy with her. The girls headed up the stairs still sobbing, doing as they were told as if they were kids again!

Tessa went to the spare room and Mariah went to theirs. Tessa could hear Mariah crying even louder as she closed the door behind her. I know mom said she was going to help thought Tessa as she showered. But this? I don't know if this is going to help? Mariah was in her room getting her sweats on. She was so mad at her mom for just turning up on mass, but she also realized that when Carl mentioned the divorce courts, it put things into perspective for her. She could lose Tessa! She told her mom this and maybe Tessa had told Cindy? That's why they are all here? Tessa got downstairs first, she went up behind Cindy and whispered What are you doing mom? Err well Dena and I talked and we realized if we didn't do something after talking to you and Mariah on the phone last week, things would be too late!

Mariah talked to Dena last week? thought Tessa I wonder if she said the same stuff I did? Mariah finally came down once she'd finished crying, her eyes were all puffy. Tessa was desperate to pull her into her arms, and never let her go ever again. They all sat down at the dining room table, Mariah at one end Tessa at the other, and the mom and dads in between them. The dinner was lovely steak and potatoes with lovely mushroom gravy over the top and some green beans on the side. It was the best thing Mariah and Tessa had eaten in weeks. After dinner, the girls cleared up in silence while the moms and dads chatted at the table, and then moved on to the sofas. Tessa made coffee while Mariah sat with Dena and Frank. When she brought the coffee through, she sat on the floor in front of Cindy and Carl.

At about nine-thirty, Tessa took mugs to the dishwasher put them inside, and turned them on. When she came back in she said she was tired and was going up because she had an early start to get to the studio, she lied. She said goodnight to everyone and left. Dena looked at Mariah, who looked so sad as she watched Tessa leave. Cindy saw it too. Ok well, I guess I ought to go up too said Mariah in a panic because she didn't want to get bombarded with questions from everyone. Night! They all shouted night as she left. This is going to take some hard work on our part said, Carl. It is said, Frank. Nothing is going to happen unless we get them to start opening up said Cindy. I think the only way we're going to do that said Dena is to ply them with wine and loosen them up a bit, they're too strained at the moment. They all agreed to talk about it more when the girls left for work. So they all decided to hit the sack and get a good night's sleep so they could start operation #Teriah!

Dena had found the hashtag on the internet, it's what Tessa's fan's called her and Mariah when they are together. Tessa got up extremely early! She was trying to avoid all the moms and dads! Mariah did the very same thing. Great minds! said Tessa as Mariah entered the kitchen. What is? said Mariah. Getting up early so we don't have to deal with our parents! Mariah didn't answer, she just went about doing her coffee and making herself a slice of toast. Tessa put her stuff in the dishwasher, shrugged her shoulders, and left. This is going to be so hard thought Tessa as she got into her car and started to drive to the studio. I could have worked from home today, locked in the garden studio, but I don't think I would have any peace from the parents being here. And I don't want to talk to them on my own, I want Mariah there too. So I don't know exactly how they are going to get us to talk to them?