Chapter 109 Mend?

Abby joined Mariah back on the veranda. They chit-chatted for a bit, and then Abby told Mariah that she had told her mom about Mariah leaving her family. Mariah took a deep breath at that news. I'm sorry if you told me that in confidence said Abby sadly. I don't want you to think I'm a blabber. I didn't say it was a secret, it's all just a bit raw at the moment. Maybe I will tell everyone everything when I know you all a bit better said Mariah a little sadly. You don't have to tell us anything said, Abby. You're only booked in for a couple of days. By the look of sadness on your face, it must have been a very hard decision to leave. Not really said Mariah matter-of-factly. I woke up in the middle of the night, packed some clothes got in my car, and started driving. I had no idea where I was until I stopped at the truck stop. Where have you come from? asked Abby. Do you mind if I don't say for now? said Mariah sheepishly. Not at all said Abby I'm going in for more coffee. Do you want me to get you some? No, I'm good said Mariah. Are there any hikes around here? she inquired. I could really do with some exercise. Yeah, just go up that track over there. Abby pointed to a gap in the trees. When you reach the top, bear left and when you reach the top of that track bear left again, and it will bring you right back here.

Great, thank you I will go and investigate. You will love it. There is a beautiful view at the top, overlooking the valley. I'll look forward to reaching it, said Mariah as she bid Abby goodbye as she set off to where Abby had told her to go. Mariah walked for about half an hour, before reaching the view at the top of the first trial. It took her breath away. Tessa would love to see this she thought. Tear's started to roll down her cheeks. She sat down on the wooden bench provided, and just took it all in. Tessa walked back in from the garden and filled her cup with more coffee. She sat down at the dining table. I need to talk to the kids, she announced. What are you going to tell them? enquired Dena. For now, I'm just going to tell them that their mom needs some time to herself and that when she feels better she will be back. But in the meantime, we have to organize Bowie's funeral. Okay, I will go and get them all said, Cindy. Tell dad and Frank to come too, please. When they had all assembled, Tessa told the kids about Mariah, and that she'd had to leave the family home. So the kids would not be seeing her for a while. She also told them the plans for Bowie's funeral.

Okay, mommy said Crystal matter of factly. We will be good. Oh, I know you will be said Tessa putting on a brave face, and trying her hardest not to cry. After the kids had all gone, Tessa told all the parents that she was going to the funeral home tomorrow morning, to put all the plans into motion. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long to have the funeral. I will send a message to Mariah, once we have a date etc, and tell her what the plan is. I've sent her a load more messages since she sent the one about being safe etc. But I've had nothing more back from her. I'm sorry to say said Dena. I've done the same said Tessa and got the same response as you. I also noticed that she has not read any of my recent messages. So I have a feeling that she has turned her phone off. I wonder if she has been in contact with Kyle and Jack. Why would she do that? questioned Dena. Well, she might have walked out of here, but she still has a job she has to worry about. Oh, I see what you mean said Dena. I'll phone Kyle in the morning and see what's happening, Great idea said Cindy If Mariah hasn't been in touch with them. What are you going to say?

The same as what I told the kids I guess. Kyle and Jack deserve to know what's going on. I agree said Dena. And if Mariah has been in touch with them, you'll know what she has said to them. First thing in the morning, Tessa phoned Kyle at the Jabot offices. Hey Tessa, we were so sorry to hear about Bowie. We send you our condolences. Thank you said Tessa holding back the tears. Has Mariah called you at all? asked Tessa. Err, yeah she called us yesterday, to ask for some compassionate leave, because of the circumstances of losing Bowie. Dad and I agreed to it and told her to take as much time as she needed. But she insisted, she would work from home and keep up with everything. We tried to dissuade her, but she wouldn't hear of it. Kyle abruptly stopped talking. Hang on why am I telling you all of this? Mariah's at home with you. No, she's not said Tessa beginning to cry. I'm sorry, you said she's not? No, she's not, she decided to leave the house the night before last in the early hours of the morning, and we have no idea where the hell she is. Did she tell you where she was? Because I am going frantic, trying to work out where she would go.