Chapter 51 Mrs and Mrs

Tessa had been enjoying time at home with Mariah after coming off tour over a month ago. She was also glad to not be living out of a suitcase for a while. She'd seen how much of a toll it had taken on Mariah every time she had to be away. And she didn't like it. So since she'd been home she had secretly been working on a film score, that Devon had placed in her lap after she'd had a word with him when she finished the tour. She told him it was great that the fans loved her etc and wanted to see her and she wasn't completely saying no to going on another tour in the future. But for now, she wanted to concentrate on getting married to Mariah and they were thinking of having kids one day, and Tessa was hoping to not miss out on anything. Devon understood and asked her how she felt about writing film scores or musicals? If he could get her a gig doing that would she be interested? 

Oh wow! said, Tessa, I'd never even thought about writing songs for anything like that. She asked Devon to keep this all quiet from Mariah because if she found out Tessa was doing this for her, she'd be mortified! Because she knows my first love is singing, It's ok Tessa I can keep it quiet from Mariah you don't have to worry. Great thank you said, Tessa. Then the next thing she knew ew Devon had found her this project, where they needed a singer/songwriter who could sing the title track and write different tracks for different parts of the movie. Devon had told her to go away and have a think about it, and see if she could come up with anything in the meantime. He also told her the project did not start for another six months, so she had plenty of time to sit and write and get married to Mariah in the process. Well, that sounds wonderful said, Tessa. I will have a go and try my best! 

Meanwhile, Mariah was loving the fact that Tessa was home and they could set the wheels in motion for their wedding. Just one little problem there, Mariah and Tessa had no wedding dresses! Tessa had flown Cindy to New York while she was there, and they had pounded the streets with no luck finding the one Tessa wanted. So when she got home she knew she'd have to tell Mariah, that she would have to go to Chicago to see her mom and hopefully get one there? She also realized that a month had gone by since she'd been home and she had still not told Mariah! Mariah also had a very similar problem. Dena and Shelby had come to Genoa City while Tessa had been away to help Mariah find a dress but to no avail. Which obviously Mariah would have to go to Denver at some point. 

When she was at work one day at Jabot and let slip to Kyle's wife Summer, that she'd been unable to find a dress, Oh my god Mariah! You have to go sooner rather than later, otherwise, you might not have a dress at all if they have to do fittings, etc. Oh my! I never thought of that said, Mariah. I need to tell Tessa too don't I? Yes and soon said, Summer. Well, obviously she'd not done that. Tessa was at the studio one day just playing about with something she had written in her head when Devon came in. Hi Tessa, Hi Devon. How is it going? asked Devon. Well, I think it's sort of coming along said, Tessa. But I have a dilemma!  What's that? said, Devon. I have to tell Mariah I don't have a dress for our wedding yet. Jeez said Devon had you not better get a move on with that considering your wedding is about three months away. Err obviously yes! said, Tessa. Well go home and get it sorted said, Devon. Ok boss! Said, Tessa as she left.

She managed to pick some stuff up from the market so she could cook dinner, she thought she'd do a noodle dish and throw in a load of veg to fill it out a bit. Mariah got home half an hour after her. Oh, that smells divine said, Mariah, I'm starving. Well, I'm glad of that said, Tessa because I've gone a bit mad with the vegetables so there is plenty here. Mariah kissed her on the cheek on her way to their bathroom upstairs so she could get out of her work clothes. By the time she came down, Tessa had everything under control. Do you fancy it in a bowl and watching a movie? Or sit at the table and have some music on? Ooh, the second option I think said, Mariah, taking the cutlery to the table. They chatted and caught up on one another's day. Mariah told Tessa to go and sit on the sofa and she'd bring the coffee's over once she had cleared up. When Mariah had sat down Tessa cleared her throat, and told Mariah the situation about having no wedding dress yet! Mariah burst out laughing!