Chapter 112 Iowa Here We Come!

A couple of days had passed since Nikki's second email had arrived. Tessa had Devon had managed to book an Airbnb for them all to stay in. And because there were only seven days left before the funeral, they were leaving today hopefully. If she could get everyone organized that is. Tessa had notified the kid's schools and Devon yesterday, that they were on the move. The schools had given Tessa some activities the kids might enjoy doing. Tessa had packed everything into the minivan, which Devon had organized to take them all to Iowa. There was also a driver, so nobody had to drive, which Tessa was grateful for. Come on you lot let's go, she shouted through the open front door, of the house. I'm so sorry they are taking so long, said Tessa to the driver who was taking them. It's okay mam, we are used to hanging around. Well, I'm glad my boss found some accommodation for you, so you can stay with us in Iowa. So am he said, because it will be pretty late when we get there if we don't leave soon. I will go and rally them again said Tessa storming off. Once inside the house this time, Tessa raised her voice. YOU LOT, IF YOU ARE NOT READY IN FIVE MINUTES, WE ARE GOING WITHOUT YOU. Within seconds, Frank and Carl had brought a case down each and headed out to the minivan with them, followed by the kids. Tessa already had their car seats in the van ready.

Last but not least were the two moms. Sorry, we held you up said Cindy. It's okay mom, just hurry up and get in the van. When they were all safely in and all the luggage was stored, Tessa told the driver he could set off for Iowa. The trip was so scenic and beautiful, it took Tessa's mind off of the task at hand, which was getting Mariah to come to Bowie's funeral and hopefully stay afterward. She was dying to see her. She'd asked Nikki to meet them all on neutral ground, but Nikki got back to her and said she didn't think that was a good idea. Mariah has not left here since she got here, she told Tessa on the phone. I know and understand you are desperate to see her and sort all this out. Turning up here though, with the children and parents in tow, might just make her run again. What do you suggest then? asked Tessa. Well maybe her parents could come to the motel first, and then we go from there. She's not going to like the fact, that I got in contact with you all behind her back. I understand what you are saying said, Tessa. But, we only have seven days to get her to come back for the funeral of our son. I appreciate that, I really do. You really need to tread gently though. Alright, we will do it your way said Tessa reluctantly. Well then, let's get her parents to come by the motel around ten in the morning. That's when Mariah usually has her coffee on the veranda, while she is working.

Which allows me to get her parents through the front door without Mariah seeing them. When they finally arrived at the Airbnb, they all went and sorted their stuff out. Tessa had a room with an ensuite as did all the parents. Tessa had a quick shower and put her sweats on. The kids were all tired from the journey. So they ordered takeout pizza for ease and then put them to bed. Later that night, Tessa and the parents were all sitting around chatting about tomorrow's events. Our driver will take you up on the bus said Tessa. Nikki will be there to greet you both. What time are we getting up there again? asked Frank. She said ten when I spoke to her the other day. That's when Mariah has her coffee apparently, while she is working on the veranda. I wish I could be with you said Tessa sadly. Dena leaned over and grabbed her hand. You'll be there in spirit said Dena. I think the way Nikki suggested, will be less overwhelming for her. I agree said Tessa. I'm just a little worried, that we have a deadline we are working towards. And what if she decides not to see me ever again? "Tessa" There is no doubt in my mind, that she does not want to see you said, Frank. I will personally make sure you get to talk to our daughter. So put that out of your mind, she will see you and the kids.

When everyone went to bed that night, Tessa stayed up drinking some coffee. She was mulling over what she was going to say to Mariah when she saw her. She also had the urge, for the driver to pop her down the road to confront Mariah, now instead of waiting a couple of more days before she got to talk to her. But luckily she decided not to. The next morning everyone was up bright and early. Carl had found a farm and play area they could take the kids to for the day, while Dena and Frank went to see Mariah. Awe, the kids will love petting all the animals said Dena. There was a knock on the door, the driver was ready to take Frank and Dena up to the motel. Okay said Tessa I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted, on how it goes. We will do said Dena hugging and kissing everyone before climbing into the bus. After they left, Tessa kept herself busy getting the picnic ready that they were going to take with them, before the driver came back to take them to the farm/play area they were going to. The drop off of Mariah's parents happened dead at Ten o'clock. Nikki was out front to greet Frank and Dena as they got out of the vehicle. Hi, said Nikki as she introduced them to her husband Victor. I'm hoping you will meet Abby later.