Chapter 15 What ?

Mariah just stood there as Tessa's cab disappeared down the road. Did I hear her right ?  She sat back down on the step . I swear to god I heard her say she likes girl's ? She was a bit taken aback that she just blurted it out just as she got in the cab. Before Mariah could say anything she was gone. Was she frightened of what my reaction would be to this news ? I mean we've been together all day and she's not said a word about anything to me about who she prefers to date ? After a while Mariah stood up and went back to her room. She took a shower and put her PJ's on and just laid on her bed thinking about what had just happened. 

Tessa on the other hand ! She was all over the place. Why did I just say that ? I could have told her gently. Tessa you are such an idiot sometimes. She scolded herself . She felt so good in my arm's though she thought, maybe that's why I had to blurt it out that I like girl's ? Either way I've probably scared her off for good now ? I mean what can she be thinking right now ? I have to send her a text she thought as she got out of the cab and headed to her room. After a nice hot shower she crawled into bed . Tessa thought about how she would word the text . I had a lovely day and oh I forgot to tell you I'm gay ! ! NO! I can't put that . Eventually she must of fallen asleep because the light was streaming through her bedroom window . Ooh what the hells the time ? She reached over for her phone, which miraculously she had plugged in before falling asleep. Otherwise it would be dead right now. It said 7am which gave her an hour before she had to get ready for work. She checked she hadn't sent a stupid text to Mariah on the spur of the moment. Oh god I haven't she sighed with relief. I'll have to think about it at work.

Mariah had a restless sleep , the words that Tessa had said last night were still playing on her mind. She slowly got out of bed and got dressed into her work clothes. Id better get a move on she thought I have to be there by 8am for the morning breakfast rush. I need to send Tessa a message telling her that things will be ok, and thank her for telling me. Tessa had a break around eleven . She grabbed coffee and some toast to eat, she wasn't one for eating before she headed for work in the mornings. She'd had Mariah on her mind since she'd started work ! What am I going to say ? She started writing it out in her head. Ok here goes she thought as she began to text the message. Hi It's me ! I hope I didn't scare you off about what I said before I entered the cab last night ? It just slipped out. I was planning on telling you . Just maybe not the way it slipped out . I hope we can catch up again soon ?That's if you want to that is ? Tessa x She pressed send before she could talk herself out of it. 

Mariah's break was later than normal. She looked at the café clock it was nearly twelve. Wow ! Another couple of hours and I've finished for the day she thought , as she grabbed her phone and went outside with an iced coffee she had managed to grab. She turned her phone on and it pinged at her straight away. She could see Tessa's name. She took a deep breath and opened the message. Once she had finished reading it she had a smile on her face. Why would she think I wouldn't want to see her again ? Scare me off ? It would take more than her telling me she like's girl's to scare me off. But the big question I have to ask myself is , am I starting to feel that Tessa might be the first woman I'm starting to have feelings for ? I mean growing up in the cult my father would not allow me anywhere near anyone, male or female. Mariah composed herself and answered . Hi you it's me. I don't understand why you would think telling me you like girl's would scare me off ? And letting it slip out like that was probably the easiest way to let it out, because now we can just have a conversation about it. Also Id love us to catch up again soon . Once we both get our timetables tomorrow I'm sure we will be able to sort something out ? I hope your not working to hard ? Mariah x . 

When she had sent it she finished her coffee and headed back in to do her final two hours . I have to call Shelby tonight to give her an update thought Mariah. When Tessa had finished her shift she went by the whole foods market hear her college to pick up a few bits that she could cook for dinner's in the accommodations kitchen. She settled on a bowl of tomato and basil pasta for tonight, and labelled the rest of the things she had bought so that everyone in the accommodation knew they were hers.  She called Cindy and Carl for a chat while she was cooking her dinner. She told them that meeting up with Mariah had gone well and that she'd let it slip out that she liked girl's, but I haven't told her I'm gay yet. And I've also not found out if she likes girl's yet either? So I'm just going to take it one step at a time , at least when I let it slip out just as I was leaving in the cab, she hasn't run! She replied to the text message I sent her , I said id hoped I hadn't scared her off ? She replied that I didn't, and she was looking forward to the next time we could meet up. Studies and shifts in the restaurant's permitting.