Chapter 95 Growing Fast

It had already been a year nearly since the twins had arrived in their lives. Mariah had gone back to work full time, after a couple of months of having them. She was finding it very difficult working from home, so Tessa struggled with all four kids for a while until she had to ask her and Mariah's parents to help her out. They did all the school runs which freed up a lot of her time so that she could start writing songs again. I need to get back into the studio again. Tessa blurted out one day, while she and Mariah were having breakfast. You can't! said Mariah without thinking. What did you just say? said Tessa a little bit annoyed. Err, I said you can't. Mariah was looking very sheepish. Who will look after the kids? "Mariah" You went back to work two months after we brought them home! I need to get back to my job too. I have a load of songs I have written, and I need to put some tracks down. And to be fair, I have looked after the kids since day one. We will have to sort something out. Maybe get a nanny/au pair finally? "Tessa" We've had this argument before when we had Crystal and you were going on tour. Remember? Of course, I remember said, Tessa. So why are you bringing it up again? "Mariah," Tessa said sternly. For one, both our parents are now five years older, and two they now have four kids to look after.

No, they don't said Mariah because Bowie and Crystal are at school most of the time. Oh, for god's sake come on! shouted Tessa. So, you're saying I can only work during the time that they are in school? Tessa was not happy. Mm, Mariah stuttered on her next sentence, because she could see how mad Tessa was getting over what she had said. "Mariah" Seriously you are not being fair to me. I want to go back to singing full time, and maybe even tour again. I have enough stuff to produce an album, and Devon keeps on asking when I'm coming back. Does he now said Mariah was a little annoyed at Devon for pushing Tessa back into the studio? Yes, he does, and don't you go telling him off for asking me to go back. I've been thinking about it for a long time now, so you and I will have to sit down and discuss who will be looking after the kids at some point. Because I'm going back to doing what I love, whether you like it or not. Mariah didn't say anything, as she got up from the table and headed out of the door, and went to work at Jabot. When all the parents arrived later, Tessa took the opportunity to sit them down and tell them her plan, for getting back to work.

They all thought it was a wonderful idea. Well, thanks everyone for the support. But Dena and Frank, I might need your help to convince Mariah that it's a good idea. Why do we have to do that said, Frank? Well, we're having the same stumbling block we had before when I went on tour. I brought up the word nanny/au pair. Tessa sighed. I know you will all muck in, but we have four kids now, which is quite a handful. I hate to say it, but you're all not getting any younger. And I just thought it would be a bit much, to ask you all to do it full time again, because obviously, Mariah will continue working. So, the only break you will all get will be the weekends, that's if Mariah can handle the kids on her own? Why on her own? Aren't, you going to be here? said Dena. Yes of course I am, but I am hoping to produce a new album, which will mean another tour at some point. Ah, I see said Dena maybe that's why Mariah doesn't want you to go back to work? What do you mean? said Tessa. Well, the last time you went on tour, Paris happened! I'm sure that's what is at the back of her mind.

Why doesn't she say anything to me? said Tessa instead of just saying I can't. She knows how much I love singing, and that it's a major part of me. I can't live without it in my life. So, I don't know what she wants me to do. That's why I was hoping that you and Frank would have a word with her, because every time I try we end up having an argument, and then she just walks off and goes to work like she did this morning. Mind you I was being a bit stubborn. I told her I was going back to doing what I loved, whether she liked it or not. Tessa smiled wearily. I guess I have to sit her down when she gets home tonight. Don't I? I'll try and put the kids to bed early so that we can talk. Do you want to try and talk to her, before we chat with her? asked Dena. Err yeah, I think so said Tessa. We have to work this out somehow, I don't want to wait until I'm nearly ready to go on tour, and then we have to sort this all out. Because last time we did that, we ended up having an almighty fallout and I went to Australia thinking we would never be able to fix things, and then by some miracle we did, just after that all happened. We had the massive accident on the tour bus/