Chapter 75 First Leg

Before Tessa left for Australia, she went and saw Bowie and Crystal as much as she could. Dena, Frank, Cindy, and Carl could not believe that Tessa had not moved back into the ranch or forgiven Mariah yet. Come on said Cindy one day while Tessa was visiting, please try and forgive her before you leave. "mom" please, I have to get through this in my own time. What she did was so hurtful to me, I can't just forgive that quickly and move on. But you're going so far away soon, and then before you know it the distance between you will grow and then there will be no coming back to each other. said Cindy a little distraught. I know what you saying, and I will try to stay in contact with Mariah as much as I can, and I will miss them terribly. I can't imagine life without them in it. 

Mariah was flabbergasted that Tessa had decided to stay away and not move back into the family home before she started her tour. She did however find the time to go and apologize to Devon. When she made the appointment with him, she got him to come to her office at Jabot because she didn't want to run into Tessa at the studios. Hi Devon, Hi Mariah nice to see you. Would you like some coffee? Mariah asked. That would be nice, said Devon. Mariah quickly phoned her PA and got her to make them some. She then offered Devon the sofa to sit down on. She thought it was a bit more personal there than her sitting on the other side of her desk. I asked you to come here because I didn't want to bump into Tessa, Mariah started to say.

I also got you here, because you are entitled to a very belated apology from me when I ranted on the phone to you about Tessa going on tour. Just as she finished, Mariah's PA brought in their coffees. Thank you, said Mariah as the two cups were put on the table. I'm guessing you and Tessa haven't made up yet? asked Devon. No! said Mariah sharply. She's still angry with me, so I don't know when or if she's ever going to forgive me? But she goes and leaves for Australia in a couple of days' time, and you're not going to resolve it before she goes? said Devon a little worried. It doesn't look like it no, sorry said, Mariah. What about the kids? Has she seen them? Oh yeah, she goes over when I'm not there and her parents have the kids.

She's been over a couple of times when my parents have been there too, but she won't speak about me to them. I see said Devon thank's for telling me all that and for the apology. I accept it he said smiling. Thank you said Mariah I really don't know what I was thinking when I picked up the phone to give you an earful. Especially, when I know that singing is a part of who Tessa is, she loves what she does and it's never bothered me before, but I guess having the kids and Tessa around so much, I just thought she would never go on tour again. I'm sorry I put you on speakerphone said, Devon. If I knew what you were going to say, I would never of let Tessa listen in. Oh, it's not your fault said Mariah I take full responsibility for what I did. Look after her for me. I will said Devon Are you sure I can't get you and the kids out for a visit? 

Err I would love to say yes, but until Tessa can forgive me there really isn't much point. And anyway, I think her parents are going to take the kids out to New Zealand to see her, aren't they? Yes, I think your right said, Devon. I think that will be weeks five and six, then we move on to Asia and Tessa didn't want them to come for a visit there, and then we're on the Europe and UK leg, so I think she said she's hoping to see them again then sometime? Which will be month three, and then obviously her last month will be traveling here in the States. Is there no way you would come out for a visit? Maybe on the European/Uk leg and surprise Tessa? I know it's somewhere you've always wanted to visit said, Devon. It is your right said, Mariah. Look all I can do is hope that she keeps in touch with me, so I wouldn't hold out much hope of me coming out for a visit. I made a huge mistake devon, and I really don't know what I'm going to do if Tessa can't find it in her heart to forgive me.

She's my other half, she makes me so happy and I hate that I hurt her so much. I'm not even getting to say goodbye to her, so can you wish her well for me? And tell her I hope the tour goes well and that I love her with all my heart. Mariah started to cry. I sure will tell her all that you said, said Devon comforting her. They parted company on good terms. Mariah sat in her office afterward satisfied she had managed to fix one of her mistakes and apologize. All she had to do now was win her wife back, and convince her she will never do anything like that again, and that she is appalled with herself that she'd hurt Tessa so much. Tessa was saying her last goodbyes to the kids and her parents. Well, I guess the next time I will see you will be in New Zealand? It will be said Cindy all excited. Can't wait to visit said Carl hugging her. Any chance you'll be saying goodbye to Mariah? asked Carl sheepishly.