Chapter 111 Come Please.

Devon got Tessa a seat and sat her down in front of his laptop. You can use your finger on the screen to scroll up he said, as he left the office. I will be just down the hallway if you need me. He kissed the top of her head. Which Tessa thought was a bit odd. He'd never done anything like that before. She looked at the screen. Hi, Mr. Devon Winters, you don't know me or my family from Adam, but I do know your star singer, Mrs. Tessa Copeland Porter, because of her wife Mariah. What the hell! thought Tessa. She got up and paced the floor for a while. I don't know if I want to carry on reading this. Devon knocked on the door. She waved him in. I thought you might need this, he said as he put down a cup of steaming hot coffee. Have you read all of this? asked Tessa. Yes, I have said Devon hence why I phoned you. You need to read it all, Tessa. What if I don't want to? said, Tessa. You have to, is the answer I'm going to give you. I'm leaving again. Find me when you have read it all. And don't lie to me, because I know what is in there. Okay, okay I give in said, Tessa. She settled down and started reading it from the top of the page again. Hi, Mr. Devon Winters, you don't know me or my family from Adam. But I do know your star singer, Mrs. Tessa Copeland Porter, because of her wife Mariah. You see around a week ago, Mariah turned up at a truck stop my daughter works at in Iowa.

She was very tired and exhausted and had been driving for quite a while I understand. She asked if there was a motel my daughter could recommend her and obviously she said hers. Mariah has been here ever since. Here is a photo my daughter took of Mariah on our veranda, our hotel is in the background if you want to verify the picture. She looks so sad thought Tessa. I'm doing this email because Mariah needs her family and friends to help her grieve. She has opened up a little about losing her son Bowie, and that she has no idea when the funeral will be, or even if she wants to come. A lot of her anger is being directed at Tessa, even though we know it was a tragic accident. She also let slip today, that she has her phone switched off. Which means no one can contact her. She has no idea that I am doing this. I don't know what her reaction is going to be when she finds out. But my family and I were wondering if there is any way, that Tessa or her parents could come up here to talk to her. We understand that it is a very big ask. If they can't do that, then maybe they can let us know when the funeral will be. Or maybe put it on social media, so that Mariah can see it and so that then maybe we can persuade her to come? We are so sorry for your loss Tessa if you get to read this. Thank you Mr. Winters if you show this to her. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you. Much love Nikki, Victor, and Abby Newman. Tessa was in floods of tears by the end.

Well, at least I know where she is now said Tessa to herself. She went and found Devon in another office. Well? asked Devon. I'm guessing by the look of your eyes, you read it all. Yes of course I did said Tessa you threatened me if I didn't. She grinned at him. What do you think? asked Devon. I think my wife looks sad said Tessa. But it also gives me peace of mind, to finally find out where she is. I'm not sure how I am going to proceed. I really need to talk to her parents and mine and get their views on everything. I thought you would said, Devon. Would you like me to announce Bowie's funeral to social media? I don't know Devon. I don't want his funeral to become a media circus, with cameras poking out of bushes everywhere. Let me just go back home, and have a word with everyone, and then by the end of the day, I will give you a decision on it all. Okay, fair enough said Devon a little reluctantly. Tessa stopped for coffee on the way home, Just so she could have a little think all on her own. What she wanted to do, was carry on driving all the way to Iowa, and go and see Mariah. So that they could talk it out like they always did.

They are both grieving for god sake. Why does this have to be so difficult? When she got home, all the parents were eager to find out who Nikki Newman was. Let's sit down first said, Tessa. Where are the kids? Crystal is in her room, and the other two are reading in the playroom. Oh okay said Tessa. She started to explain about the email and then said about the picture of Mariah looking very sad sitting on a veranda in their motel. She told them that Mariah had no idea Nikki was writing the email, but the family thought we should know where she was. Do they know about Bowie? asked Dena. Yes, I guess they have seen most of it on social media, but apparently, Mariah is directing a lot of anger toward me, about the accident and losing Bowie. They're not hoaxers or anything, are they? asked Carl concerned. No, I don't think so, dad. Devon had the team look into it, and they checked out the motel where the picture was taken, and it's all genuine. So is the truck stop down the road from the motel. Nikki also asked if we would put an announcement on social media about Bowie's funeral. Because we were right, Mariah has got her phone switched off. That figures said, Dena. Won't that make it a media circus though? said Frank worried. I hope not said, Tessa. Devon and the team can sort it out with the media so that it's not.