Chapter 93 Family Gets Bigger

Ooh wow Mariah, that's wonderful news. How many are you thinking of? asked Phyliss. Hopefully, two said Mariah. Okay, well get yourself home. Alright said Mariah I'm going. She walked through the door at half-five. Tessa was gobsmacked. God, did they kick you out? teased Tessa. Sort of said Mariah Phyliss told me to leave. Wow, and you listened to her? No! said Mariah sharply. I listened to my wife, who has not been happy not seeing me, and realized I was running myself into the ground. Yay, said Tessa still taking the mickey out of Mariah. You actually listened to me. "Tessa" I always listen to you. I just may not agree with what you're saying. They both burst out laughing. The kids came rushing from the playroom, shouting mom as they realized Mariah had got home as promised and would be putting them to bed tonight. Mariah kissed Tessa's neck after the kids had run off again to play some more. I'm going up and showering and getting out of my work clothes. I'll be down to help in a bit. Okay said Tessa still prepping the veg for their dinner. She was making one of her vegetable curries for her and Mariah, and a tamer version for the kids.

After dinner was done, Mariah took Bowie and Crystal up for their baths and get them ready for bed. They decided to crawl into Mariah and Tessa's big bed to read the bedtime story. Tessa joined them once she had finished clearing up. By the time Mariah had finished the story, both Bowie and Crystal were fast asleep. Well, that worked well said Tessa, looking down at them both. They've missed you doing the story, you always try to do all the voices. I just make them up said Mariah smiling. Trouble is, I'm dreading it if I have to read those stories again. Why? asked Tessa a bit confused. Well, as the kids get older, I've read they remember stuff more. So, I'm just waiting for them to say that I've used the wrong voice, or I've made up something different altogether. Tessa laughed. Well, I'm going to be pretty useless to you too. I can never remember the voices you use. Mariah got up slowly, to try and not to disturb the kids. Shall we carry these two to their rooms? Yeah sure, said Tessa let me first go and open all the doors and get their beds ready so that we can just slide them in.

They managed to get them both tucked in, without too much difficulty. What's the plan now? said Tessa Do you have work you have to do? No! I promised you I would delegate more, and that's exactly what I've done. For the first time in forever, I've not brought any work home. Ooh, wonderful said Tessa. In that case, what would you like to do? Have something else to drink? Watch a movie? No, said Mariah sharply. I want you to take me over to the new extension, and show me what we need to do, to get everything done. So that we can think about adding to this family of ours. Tessa had tears in her eyes. Hey, come here said Mariah pulling Tessa in for a hug. There is no need for tears, you are such a big softy. I've just wanted this for so long, and I'm so glad that you're ready to go and have a look so that we can move on with everything. The builders have done an amazing job, I think you'll be pleased with everything. I can't wait to show you around, because the last time you saw it. It was a right old mess. I must admit when I have been coming down our driveway after work, it did look amazing.

Alright, well let's take the monitor with us, just in case one of the kids stir and needs us. They don't normally said, Mariah. I know said Tessa, but we've always relied on them, so we didn't have to keep going up to check on them all the time. Have you had them run wires to the new bedrooms? asked Mariah. What do you think? said Tessa. I'm going with a definite yes said Mariah smiling. Your right said Tessa come on let's go and have a look. It was a great connection to the original house; the builders had managed to put a doorway downstairs and upstairs. The upstairs door leads off at the end of the kid's bedrooms, so when Tessa opened the door, it was just magical that these two extra bedrooms appeared with an extra bathroom added at the end of the passageway. Mariah had a great eye and told Tessa what she needed to write down as far as furnishings and paints were concerned. The only trouble was, that they didn't know what paint to get for the bedrooms, because they didn't know what sexes they would adopt. Obviously, they were hoping they would get a boy and a girl, that would maybe be a brother and a sister.