Chapter 69 She's Here!

The next thing Tessa knew, was that her wife was being rushed to the theatre. She was told to stay in the room and someone would come for her. Why did they let Mariah push for so long? She was exhausted, not only that but Tessa felt awful for letting her carry on when she was clearly in a lot of pain and distress and now look what's happened! Finally, after about half an hour a nurse and doctor came into the delivery room. We need to help you pack up your stuff and move you to another room said the doctor. Before I do that said Tessa I want somebody to tell me what the hell is going on, with my wife and baby girl? She was so upset and understandably so.

Sit down said the nurse, she took Tessa's hand's in hers. At this present moment in time, we're not quite sure why your wife collapsed as she did, but the surgeons are doing everything they can to save your wife and baby. It was as if Tessa went deaf for a second as if it was an out-of-body experience. She started to shake and cry all at the same time. She could not believe what the nurse had just said. I think she needs some coffee for the shock said the doctor.  I'll go and get her some he said as Tessa slumped into the nurse and balled her eyes out. When the doctor came back with the coffee, Tessa had stopped crying and was just sitting there in a daze, while the nurse was packing up all the stuff Mariah and Tessa had brought to the hospital. She sat there for a while sipping the coffee they had placed in her hands.

Are you ok with us moving you?  asked the doctor. Tessa could just about speak. Move me where? she asked in a very quiet voice. Err well at the moment the ICU said the nurse. Because that's where your wife will go first if she survives! Tessa then fainted as those words hit her. When she came around she was lying on a hospital bed, with Cindy and Carl beside her. How did you know? said Tessa in a very groggy voice. One of the members of the medical team recognized you through your music and got the police to track us down. "Mariah and our baby"? Tessa screamed out. Cindy grabbed her and held her while she started to sob uncontrollably again. While Cindy was taking care of Tessa, Carl left the room and went in search of the latest information about Mariah and the baby. He had already got hold of Dena and Frank and told them to get to the hospital as soon as they could, and that he was sorry to inform them that it could be a life or death situation. 

He managed to find a doctor, who told him Mariah was still in theatre and they were doing everything in their power to save her. But he also got informed that they had managed to deliver the baby and she was in the children's ICU.  They were just keeping an eye on her and they would bring her to Tessa as soon as they could. Carl sighed with relief. At least Tessa will have the baby, and it's a girl how wonderful for them both. Just then Dena and Frank arrived escorted by an officer. They took one look at Carl and burst into tears. Hey, he said, at the moment she is still hanging on in there and I have just been told that they have managed to deliver the baby safely. They have her in ICU at the moment and are just keeping an eye on her they will bring her up to Tessa as soon as they can. Her? said, Dena. Yes, apparently we have a granddaughter. They all walked into Tessa's temporary room, to see her still sobbing and hanging onto Cindy. 

When she saw Dena and Frank all she could manage to say was sorry. They told her she had nothing to be sorry for, it wasn't her fault Mariah was in this situation. I got her to keep pushing said Tessa through the tears. I knew she was in a lot of pain and distress, she even told me she couldn't push anymore. But I told her to do it one more time, and that's when she blacked out and they rushed her to theatre. Dena knelt in front of her. "Tessa" your daughter has arrived safely she is in ICU. Tessa looked up. Really? She came out okay and alive? Yes! smiled Dena through the tears. Why don't we take Bowie to meet his sister and us grandparents can meet our granddaughter at the same time? What about Mariah? she struggled to say through the sobs. No news yet said Frank sorry. She collected herself and tried to pull herself together, so as not to scare Bowie seeing his mama crying.