Chapter 10 The Holiday's.

When Mariah and Shelby got back. Dena was in the kitchen and Frank was on the sofa. Shelby gave Mariah a hug and whispered in her ear there's no time like the present. I'll go see if I can find Tyler for you. Thanks said Mariah smiling. Dena turned around when she heard footstep's behind her. Hi she said. She saw Mariah's serious face. Is everything ok ? You have your serious face on ! I need to talk to you, Frank and Tyler if he's home ? Ok! I think he's upstairs said Dena. I'll call him. Don't worry Shelby went up there I'm sure she'll tell him to come down. They could hear footstep's thumping down the stairs. Hi! Shelby said you wanted to talk to me ? said Tyler pocking his head through the kitchen door. Yeah I do and your mom and dad too said Mariah. Let's go to the dining table. Ok! said Dena and Tyler together. Go get your dad Dena told her son. Is Shelby joining us too ? said Dena Well she doesn't  have to said Mariah because that's why we went out for coffee. Oh i see said Dena. Mariah seemed to think Dena knew already , just by telling her she'd talked to Shelby already. As they all sat down , Shelby descended the stairs and gave Mariah a thumbs up.

Mariah took a deep breath and began to tell them how she was feeling about this girl she'd meet and she wanted to see where this went . Tyler was chuffed Mariah had included him and he thanked his sister because he knew she'd told Mariah to include him. As for Dena and Frank they were excited for her. They told her that they would Support her no matter what, and they were glad that she had been able to talk to Shelby about what was happening to her. It still feels a bit weird said Mariah If I'm honest. I've honestly never had an attraction towards a girl before. Shelby's just told me to just take it one step at a time, don't rush it and trust myself to know if I'm ok with everything. Where did you meet her ? asked Dena I hope you don't think I'm prying to much? No not at all said Mariah smiling. I'm just happy to talk about it. It's a relief too. I also want to tell all my friend's at Uni too when I get back. Is that wise ? said Dena Cautiously Why do you say that ? asked Mariah. Well not all people are as excepting as us. I can imagine their not said Mariah. But if they want to be friend's with me they will have to be. She smiled. Good attitude to have said Frank. 

I meet Tessa. You know her name ? said Dena Yeah ! We had an encounter at the airport on my way home. Encounter ? Yes! She was at the airport going home to her family in Chicago. She followed me to my gate ! She what ? Dena was a bit shaken. It's ok said Mariah. She wasn't being creepy. She just wanted to know where I lived. Oh ok ! That does sound a little bit creepy now I've said it laughed Mariah. But I can assure you she was lovely though. Anyway I first saw her at the Bebop bar where she was doing an open mic night. She was singing one of her songs she'd written. It was really lovely. She has the most beautiful voice and plays the guitar as well. I can see why she's at Berklee College of Music. Oh that's not far away from where you are is it ? No! It's just a stones throw away. Apparently she noticed me that night ! It was probably the hair Mariah laughed again. She apparently asked one of the waitresses where we were from ? So she just thought she'd see me around at some point, until she clocked me at the airport. She'd seen my red hair on the escalator coming up to the gate's and decided to follow me, to see what gate I was going from and what my destination was. Trouble was I turned around and spotted her and walked up to her . Ooh I bet she was not ready for that ? said Dena. No! I think she was a bit shocked. So we introduced ourselves and I told her I was coming here, and she said she had to wait another hour or so for her flight to leave after I had left. We also told one another which Uni's we were at and I think she asked if we could meet up when we got back after the holiday's. How exciting said Dena. 

Are you looking forward to meeting up with her ? asked Frank Mariah smiled. I am yes. I can't wait to find out more about her . I'm intrigued by her. I definitely felt a connection with her said Mariah. Well ok then said Dena and Frank. We'll look forward to hearing more once you go back. Who wants some lunch ? asked Dena as she got up from the table. We'll help you said Mariah and Shelby together. Ok come on then. They girl's headed for the kitchen and produced a quiche and salad for lunch. Can we all go and do some Christmas shopping tomorrow ? said Mariah Yes why not said Dena. I still have a few bit's to get. What about you Shelby ? I think I'm pretty much done she smiled. But I can tag along can't I ? I'm sure you could use these hand's to carry some bag's ? she laughed. No problem said Dena Maybe we can have a nice lunch out too ? It's been ages since I treated you both. It's a date said Mariah . Mariah had never experienced a Christmas holiday like it, they ate  and drank far to much. Christmas morning was wonderful and dinner was amazing. In the cult she would of had nothing like this ! She went to bed thinking how lucky she was to have found such a lovely family who have welcomed her in with open arm's. She could not wait to see Tessa when she got back.