Chapter 55 Here we go!

Mariah turned around and looked at Kevin, ok I get the message I'm leaving. Kevin kissed her on the cheek and then he went up to Tessa and did the same thing. Mariah invited her to sit down. Hang on I need more coffee said, Mariah. How much have you had already? asked Tessa Oh this will be my fourth said, Mariah. I've needed it! You'd better get me another too then said, Tessa. Mariah disappeared and came back with two coffees and two brownies. Is that to bribe me? said, Tessa pointing to the brownie. No! I just thought you might be hungry by now, seeing as I had no breakfast before leaving and I'm guessing you haven't either? No! It never even crossed my mind, I was too angry and upset to even have any. I'm sorry it made you feel like that said, Mariah, reaching across the table for Tessa's hand. But she pulled it away before Mariah's got there.

Tessa took a sip of her coffee. They sat there in silence for a while. Ok! said Tessa sharply. If you don't start explaining soon, then I'm going home! She looked straight at Mariah for a reaction. Mariah gulped. You'd do that? she said sheepishly. Well, there's not much point in me sticking around if you're not going to talk to me about it. Is there? No, I guess not said, Mariah. Tessa gulped her coffee down and then stood up to leave. She looked at Mariah with tears rolling down her face. Mariah never looked up! So Tessa walked out of the patio doors and started sobbing. Mariah just sat there stunned after she had left. Well, I guess I've just made it ten times worse? said Mariah to herself. I need to work all this out before I can even explain it all to Tessa. So she grabbed her phone and fixed up a couple of meetings in Denver! Then she got hold of Kyle and Jack and told them she was needed in Denver for a couple of days. She booked a flight for later that night.

Now all I have to do is go home and pack a bag and tell Tessa what's happening and then head for the airport! When she got home, Tessa was nowhere in the house. Oh god thought Mariah until she spotted a light on in Tessa's studio at the end of the garden. I have to pack first she thought before I can see Tessa. While she was upstairs Tessa had come in from the garden for some more coffee and noticed Mariah's coat on the sofa. She could then hear her banging about upstairs. What was she doing? She was just about to go upstairs to find out when Mariah came down with a suitcase in tow. Going somewhere? said Tessa as she stepped out of the shadows, which startled Mariah. Err yeah sorry I've got called to Denver for work purposes. Oh, that's very convenient said Tessa in a sharp tone. I'll only be gone a couple of day's said Mariah snapping back. Well, I guess I'll still be here when you get back? What does that mean? said Mariah Shocked at Tessa's tone! "Mariah" I'm not stupid, I know why you're going. All I'm saying is you had better have some answers for me when you get back because it's not fair you leaving me in limbo like this.

You know where I stand, and most importantly what I want. So it's all down to you! Give my love to your mom and dad when you see them. With that, Tessa took her coffee and headed out to her studio. Mariah watched as a forlorn Tessa moped back down the garden. Mariah was sobbing as she picked up her case and headed for the cab waiting outside. She wanted to run down the garden before she left and give Tessa the biggest kiss, but she knew there was no point until she sorted her head out and could give her a proper answer to the baby question. When she got to the airport she informed Dena and Frank she was coming home for some work meetings. But Dena knew better, she could tell in Mariah's voice something was up! She just hoped it wasn't as bad as she thought it might be.

Tessa was sobbing her heart out in her studio. She could not believe how things had turned out. When Mariah told her she was off to Denver, she didn't know what to say to her. All she wanted her to do is give her some answers. Maybe she'll find them in Denver? Tessa decided to bury herself in work, so she didn't have to think about it. She didn't come back into the house until the early hours of the morning. Mariah landed in Denver and Dena was there to pick her up. Dena had told Frank to let her go on her own because she was hoping to talk to Mariah and find out why all of a sudden she has done a trip on the spur of the moment? When they had settled into the car, Mariah all of a sudden burst into tears.