Chapter 79 New Zealand

The flight was a long one, and the kids behaved great and the adults got some sleep, which was a bonus they didn't think they would have. Devon had organized a luxury bus to drive them the two and a half hours to Whananaki Northland, Tessa meet them at the airport with the bus. The kids and grandparents were thrilled to see her. Mariah held off a little. But they did hug and Tessa gave her a peck on the cheek. They strapped the kids in and set off for the house. Mariah sat at the back, while Tessa sat with the parents telling them all about her tour so far. The driver stopped about halfway there, so they could all get some coffee and the driver could have a break. Dena went up to Mariah when she'd made her way off of the bus. Are you ok? Err yeah, I think so said Mariah I'm just taking everything in. You've hardly said a word to Tessa. I know said, Mariah, I just feel the back of the bus, is not a good place to have the conversation we have to have, that's all. I understand that said, Dena.

But you can still have a small talk with her, talk about the kids for instance. She has been gone a month, things have happened in the kid's development. Okay, mom, I'm getting the message you're trying to make. come on let's get some coffee. Mariah was sipping her coffee, looking out at the scenery. The grandparents had got the kids, so she took the chance to have some peace. Tessa was watching her from afar. Go talk to her said Carl behind her. I don't know what to say to her dad, now that she's in the same place as me. You'll find the words said Cindy joining them. Just as Tessa was about to move, the driver said he was ready to continue to the house. So Tessa went and found Dena, Frank, and the kids, and they all piled back into the bus. Mariah went straight to the back seat again. So Tessa just sighed and went in the front, so Mariah could have her space. When they got to the house in Whananaki, they were all blown away by how beautiful it was. 

The grounds were amazing, they had plenty of space and there was a lovely pool and a beach within walking distance. Tessa got Cindy, to get Mariah to pick the biggest bedroom. It was huge and had amazing views looking out to the sea. Tessa picked one of the smaller rooms, neat where the kid's bedroom was so she could get up to them during the night. Which did not happen very often now, because Crystal now slept through the night. They were both very good sleepers, rarely waking up much before seven in the morning. Everyone was very tired from the flight and traveling, so Tessa told them all to get some proper rest, and she'd get up with the kids if they woke up. They knocked up something light for dinner that night. Tessa volunteered to clear up so everyone could get to bed. She was acclimatized to New Zealand hours now, so she made herself some coffee and went outside and sat by the wonderful pool area. After a little while, she went and changed into her bathing costume and did a few laps in the pool, to get rid of her angst. She then got herself out and dried herself off, had a shower and grabbed herself another coffee, and sat on one of the huge sofas, thinking about Mariah.

After about an hour, Mariah came out of her room and headed for the kitchen. Tessa never heard her, because she had her earphones plugged in so that she wouldn't wake anyone up. Mariah helped herself to some coffee and then proceeded to the sofa, scaring the shit out of Tessa and herself! I'm sorry said Mariah, I thought everyone was in bed. That's ok said Tessa I was plugged in because I wanted you all to have a decent sleep. I thought you'd be shattered said, Tessa. I am said Mariah, but I guess I just needed to unwind a bit first from all the traveling, so my body will relax and let me nod off. I've just done a few laps in the pool said Tessa to try and chill. Why don't you try that? It might help? The water is lovely and warm. I might just do that said Mariah heading off. Night said Tessa, night said Mariah. In the morning, Tessa had got up. done a few laps in the pool and when the kids had woken up, taken them in there too. Which they loved. 

She was sitting having some breakfast with the kids on the patio when all the grandparents arrived. "Tessa" This house is insane said Cindy, the rooms are amazing. Thank you she said but I can't take the credit, Devon found it for us. Have you been in the pool yet? asked Carl. Oh yes dad, you know me and water. I went in last night when you lot went to bed and then again this morning with the kids. Wow! You have been busy said, Frank. Well, I thought we would all just have a chill day today. The fridge and freezer have been well-stocked, so we should be okay for a few days. Also, it will allow you all to get over the time difference, etc. Have you managed a few words with Mariah yet? said Dena. No! Not yet, although she did get up for a coffee last night and scared the crap out of me. I was on the sofa, with my earphones plugged in. But she went back up, once she got her coffee. Okay, well maybe we can take the kids out for the day, so you two can finally clear the air and get back to normal. "Mom," said Tessa sternly to Cindy. I want us all to just chill for a while.