Chapter 38 Denver !

Four weeks later Mariah was on a plane on her way home. In that space of time, Tessa had become a global success! She had captured everyone's hearts. She was on the front of loads of magazines and newspaper's and social media was on fire, with her name plastered everywhere. Even Mariah had been caught up in some of the photos from the first weekend she was with Tessa in New York. Tessa wanted everyone to know that Mariah was not only her girlfriend but the love of her life. They were the it couple and even got a tag name #Teriah. They had fans from all over the world. Devon was talking to Mariah about it all when he visited Jabot. Wow! she is amazing said Devon he had no idea things would be this big for her so soon. I have huge company's wanting to sponsor her tour, and the brands that want her to advertise for them well It's off the scale! I hope you're not going to forget where she came from? said Mariah What do you mean? said Devon. This momentum is just because Tessa was a superstar in the making! I just didn't realize how good she would be.

Oh she's good there's no doubt about that said Mariah but she will want to stay true to who she is now and not change into someone else just because she's become a global superstar. I know Tessa. She will still want to come home to our little shoebox and be her. So the people who want to be her sponsor's on her tour, better realize she's not going to pick them because they are the biggest companies. She's going to pick because she uses their products or they're doing something for the planet. I don't think she's going to pick the ones who throw the most money at her. Also, I already know she wants to stay loyal to Jabot. Well obviously said Devon her girlfriend works for them. "Devon" Mariah shouted it's not because I'm here it's because she loves what we are as a brand, she's more loyal to Jack and Kyle than me. I know you are her manager I respect that but don't underestimate Tessa as a person. She knows what she want's and who she wants to represent and no amount of pushing by you is going to change her mind. Ok?

Are you ok with all of this? Said Devon I mean it did happen sort of overnight. It did said Mariah But Tessa and I have been through enough in our lives to be able to deal with it all. Being together and navigating the fact that a lot of people don't like two women together or this sort of relationship, gives you a good standpoint. I'm sure we can roll with the punches also Tessa will want to represent the LGBTQ+ communities as much as she can, in all the things you want her to do and promote. So Devon I'd go through them all and make sure they're not offensive to the community we represent before you even show Tessa. Thank you Mariah said Devon I would never have thought of doing that. You two are going to be a power couple and a force to be reckoned with. Well, I guess we just want what's right for people. Everyone should be allowed to love who they want. Don't you think? she smiled at Devon. Oh, I'm definitely on your side said, Devon. You have my full support and I think Jack and Kyle feel the same way about you both. I hope they do said, Mariah.

When are you seeing Tessa next? said, Devon. I fly out to Denver on Friday said Mariah I can't wait! I bet you can't said Devon with a wicked grin on his face. "Devon," said Mariah there's more to seeing one another than that! They both laughed. Tessa collapsed on her hotel room bed after another successful concert. Since she'd seen Mariah last she had been to Philadelphia, Miami, and Memphis where she'd just finished her last show to nineteen thousand people at the Fed EX Forum. She was so looking forward to getting on the plane in the morning and heading for Denver to see Mariah again. Four weeks for her had flown by. They would be staying at the Crawford Hotel and performing at the Bull Arena which held twenty thousand people, which meant she'd already performed to well over one hundred thousand people! Which was mind-boggling to her. She also loved the fact that where ever she had been performing Mariah had stayed awake (because of the time difference) to be able to talk to her after every show. 

When she'd finished up and got all comfy on the bed she dialled the number. Hi my love, Hi I don't have to ask anymore how it's gone because it's all over YouTube Mariah smiled. Which is great for me because I've been able to see more or less every concert so far. I know Isn't it insane? said Tessa I'm sorry it's getting later and later me calling. But there are so many people waiting for an autograph afterward I don't want to disappoint them. It's ok said Mariah you know I don't mind. You are the best, do you know that? How did I get to be so lucky to find you? Tessa blew her a kiss. Well, to be fair I think you'll find I found you ? said Mariah I was the one staring and into you at the Bebop! Ok, I'll give you that said, Tessa. Are you looking forward to seeing Dena and Frank? Yeah, I think so, it will be a bit weird not staying there though said, Mariah. I'm sure it will said Tessa but we will be spending some time with them and they will be coming to the concert with Shelby and Tyler who I will get to meet again. Yes, you will, they can't wait to come to the concert.