Chapter 97 Winning!

Mariah had tears streaming down her face. It's about me? Yeah, you're everything to me Mariah, and we've been through a lot lately and the words and the music just flowed through me, and here we are. As they entered the studio, the caterers that Devon had recommended, had done an amazing and romantic job, setting it all up. There were candles, flowers, amazing food, and a lovely sofa had been moved in, so they could curl up on it. Tessa thought that the sofa must have been Devon's idea. Wow! said Mariah it's beautiful. I agree said, Tessa. I just hope the music lives up to the ambiance. Tessa kissed Mariah deeply. Steady on said Mariah we may not get around to listening to the music if you keep kissing me like that. Okay said Tessa I'll go and get the first track set up for you to listen to. This will also be the first single off of this album. It's all about our relationship, and it's called Everytime. Mariah sat down on the sofa not believing what Tessa had done, just as the first chords of the song started to play. By the end, Mariah was sobbing her heart out. Tessa had her cradled in her arms.

That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard you sing. Mariah grabbed her and kissed her. So, do you like it? questioned Tessa. "Tessa" I don't just simply like it, I love everything about it. It describes us. I'm glad about that, said Tessa I put everything into that track. She smiled at Mariah. Okay, let's move on to track two it's called Silver Lining, and I think Devon said this will be the second single to be released. Mariah was in tears again by the end. I don't know how much more of this I can take said Mariah wiping away the tears. By the time Tessa had played all the tracks, Mariah was in bits. It wasn't supposed to make you this sad said Tessa switching the machines off and wrapping Mariah into her arms. I'm not sad said Mariah these are happy tears. Tessa this album you've written, and your voice singing the tracks, it's just outstanding. It's by far the best thing you've ever done. And that track Everytime will be a huge hit for you, I'm sure. Your fans are going to be over the moon with these tracks. It will be interesting which ones they love the most. You also have my full support to release it, whenever you're ready to do so. Tessa swept Mariah off her feet.

Hey, steady on said Mariah you don't want to hurt yourself. I don't care said Tessa I'm on cloud nine! I'm so glad you loved it all, and especially Everytime because I poured my heart and soul into that one. I know you did, said Mariah cupping Tessa's face, I love you so much and I absolutely love the track. They kissed one another like never before, which then lead them to make love on the studio floor! When they got dressed afterward, they started to eat the amazing food that had been catered for them. Oh my god said Tessa that was divine. I'm glad Devon recommended them. It was rather special said Mariah we also needed it after what we just did, to gain an appetite. Tessa laughed. You're right there said, Tessa. Good job Kyle and Jack have given you the morning off, it's nearly midnight already. Let's clear up and get ourselves home. Tessa made them some coffee when they got in. They cuddled up on their sofa. Thanks for letting me listen to your new album, I can't believe you wrote it about me. Mariah kissed Tessa. Well, you were the only thing on my mind at the time. We had been through such an ordeal, and there you were being my guardian angel.

Your support through that was immense, so it's no wonder the album is about you. The words and lyrics just poured out of me, when I decided to sit down and start playing again. I'm not going to lie; it did take me a while to get back into it again. But you did those concerts after your voice healed said, Mariah. So surely it wasn't that hard? Oh, it wasn't the singing I was really worried about. It was the process I go through, to put pen to paper and then write the music. I felt like I was starting from the very beginning again. I'd even forgotten how to play the piano until I got down and familiarized myself with the keyboard again. The guitar was even harder. It was as if some of my memory of how to do them had disappeared after the crash. I nearly gave up at one point. I'm glad you didn't said Mariah smiling. Those songs are wonderful, and I think your fans are going to be bowled over. I think so to said Tessa I really hope they love Everytime, it's very special to me. Mariah gave out a very big yawn. Am I boring you? Tessa asked in a way she was pulling Mariah's leg. Err, oh I'm sorry. It must be the wine and the late hour. We've not been up this late in a long while.