Chapter 36 Separation !

Tessa and Mariah have enjoyed a couple of months of domestic bliss. When Tessa home from work looking a bit glum! What's up? said Mariah giving her a peck on the cheek. Err the promotional tour starts in a week ! said Tessa. First stop New York! Oh wow said Mariah Yeah! I'm sorry Mariah I thought we'd have more time than this together before I'd have to leave. "Tessa" come on we knew this was coming at some point. To be honest I'm surprised we got two months together. It's been amazing! It has hasn't it said Tessa as she started to cheer up a bit. Come on let's have some dinner and make this the best week ever said, Mariah. Tessa pulled her in for a proper kiss. Your amazing do you know that? I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I love you so much. I love you too said Mariah. and hey maybe we can ask Devon if there is any way I can meet up with you on tour? I hope so said, Tessa. Because I can't go four months without seeing you. Four months ? said Mariah with a sad tone in her voice.  That will feel like a lifetime. Yes, I know said Tessa for me too.

I will ask Devon to sort something out so that maybe you can visit once every four weeks? How are you going to sort that with Jabot though? I don't know yet said Mariah but I'm sure if I either take work with me or have business meetings where we're going to pick to meet up, I'm sure Kyle and Jack will be ok with it. We have a lot of work to do in the next week though said, Tessa. We do. But tonight we're not going to think about it too much ok? said Mariah. Go have your shower and start to unwind while I finish dinner off. She gave Tessa another peek on the cheek as she did what she was told and headed for the bathroom. When she was gone Mariah had time to catch her breath. Four months! she repeated. I have to be here on my own! I can do this she told herself. The next morning Tessa said she'd text Mariah the list of places she would be at the end of every month, so she could sort something out and hopefully join her?

Obviously, I'll give you the full list of the tour as well, but you won't be able to be there every day, unfortunately. No! No! I won't said Mariah sadly. Hey ! said Tessa cupping Mariah's face. Don't be sad we're good. This time is going to fly passed and then we'll be here together again. Yeah! Until the next tour said, Mariah. "Tessa" your life could change on this tour! I mean once people get to hear that wonderful voice of yours, the word is going to get around, and boom before you know it you're going to be a superstar! You're not going to want to come back here to the shoebox! "Mariah" I love you! That's not going to change no matter what happens on this tour. We are going to be together for the rest of our lives! Do you hear me? said Tessa. You are my everything, we have one heart remember? We're no good without the other. Mariah broke out a little smile. That's better said Tessa. No more doom and gloom ok? I'll try said Mariah but I can't say it will be easy for me. I hate being on my own! 

I know said Tessa but I'm going to give you little target's to get to while I'm away so that the time will go by quickly and before you know it I'll be back and you'll say where did the time go? Yeah! Probably until the next time you have to go on tour. I'm just going to have to get used to the fact that from this tour onwards our lives are going to be so different. This has been your dream for so long to be up there on stage and sing to an audience, and you're going to be doing that big-time to thousand's because you are the number one support act for country singer Tanner Watts! That is epic! I'm so proud of you and shall be supporting you every step of the way, even though I can't be there for all of it. I will survive being on my own. I know said, Tessa. It's just I've never had to do it before. Neither have I said, Tessa. Look we both have to get to work lets go. Ok said Mariah following her out of the door. When Mariah got to work she didn't concentrate that well, because she was waiting for Tessa to text her so that she could talk to Kyle and Jack about where she could meet up with Tessa and prayed that they would agree to everything.

Around mid-day, the text came through. Hey, I'm giving you four places to work on. I want you there for my first ever concert in New York, I know I'm not leaving you much time to organize that one. But I have my fingers crossed. Number two will be Denver! Thought it was about time you went home for a visit? Number three will be San Francisco and last but not least will be my hometown of Chicago. I'll give you the rest of the place's when I get home tonight. Hope you can sort something out with the Abbott's? I love you see you tonight. Tessa x Mariah wasted no time in calling Jack and Kyle into the boardroom. Ok, she said as they sat down. I need you to let me visit New York in a week and then Denver four weeks after that then San Francisco and finally four weeks after that Chicago. Can I do that please ? Why? said, Jack. Well Tessa is going on tour for four month's and the only way to see her is for me to visit these major place's and seeing as Jabot is sponsoring her, I thought I could do some PR work while I visit at the same time?