Chapter 84 Life Goes On

Tessa and Mariah finally flew home three weeks later, on a Medivac flight that Kyle and Jack had kindly organized for them. They were so glad to be home after a few tears at the airport saying goodbye to Chantelle and thanking her again for all the hard work she had done for Mariah and the family through this very difficult period. Tessa promised her that they would see her again one day, and to please stay in contact with them, because they regarded her as part of the family now. When the team got Tessa off of the plane, obviously she wasn't going to be going straight back to the house she shared with Mariah and the kids. She was taken straight to Genoa City Hospital. Where her parent, Dena, Frank, and the kids were waiting for her. Even Devon was pushed in to see her. How are you doing? he asked. Oh okay, I guess said, Tessa. How's your arm? I did hear you nearly lost it? I did said Devon we are extremely lucky we are both here. We are said Tessa with relief etched on her face.

Well, you rest up said Devon and I'm sure I will catch up with you later. I'm glad you are home at long last. Me too said Tessa It's been lovely seeing my kids and Mariah's parents after worrying them so much. Okay, you said Mariah grabbing her hand. Time for some sleep and get over the jet lag and start getting you back on your feet again. Okay, you're the boss said Tessa smiling. Mariah kissed Devon and got him taken back to his room, while she settled Tessa down for the night. Are you going home? asked Tessa. I was going to said Mariah I need a good night's sleep finally, in a lovely comfy bed, so that I can then concentrate on getting you up and about. Oh okay said Tessa a little disappointed. What's up? said Mariah noticing how Tessa reacted to the fact she wanted to go home. I was just thinking it would be lovely if you hopped up here so that I could give you a cuddle, for the first time in forever. I can do that said Mariah getting onto Tessa's bed. Tessa couldn't do big spoon or little spoon, because her leg was still in plaster. So Mariah just lay on her side and Tessa wrapped her arms around her.

Oh my god, that feels so good said, Tessa. Just being in your arms again is wonderful said Mariah tilting her head up, so that she could kiss Tessa deeply. Wow! said Tessa be careful, I could pounce on you. Mariah laughed. and then said on this bed? Tessa laughed too. Yeah, I might be thinking a little too ambitiously. I can't wait until I'm home and show you how much I love you. You showed me how much you love me already said Mariah, How do you work that out? questioned Tessa. Mariah looked into Tessa's eyes lovingly. You came back to me when I asked you too said Mariah with tear's in her eyes. Tessa kissed her deeply again. Mariah didn't go home that night, she slept on that time hospital bed wrapped in Tessa's arms. It was and always will be her safe place. The nurses who took care of Tessa sneaked in and took a picture of them. Tessa woke up first and felt Mariah still in her arms. She pressed the buzzer for the nurses to come in, when the door opened it woke Mariah up. She quickly looked from the nurses to Tessa's face. Are you ok? Mariah asked concerned. I'm a little bit in pain if I'm honest said Tessa I've laid in the same position all night and with you wrapped in my arms, I think I just stiffened up a bit, so I'm a bit uncomfortable. Sorry!

"Tessa" Why didn't you wake me earlier? I don't want you in pain said Mariah a little distressed. Hey, come here said Tessa I have loved every minute of you sleeping in my arms. Because I remember one point in that wreckage, thinking I would never get to hold you again. So don't be stressing, they will give me a little something that will take the pain away. One of the nurses went away and came back with some liquid. Drink this she told Tessa, and in about half an hour the pain should start to go, and if it doesn't please let us know. Okay, thank you said, Tessa. When Tessa next looked at Mariah, she had a worried look on her face. What's up? said Tessa which made Mariah jump. Oh god, you scared me said Mariah I was miles away just then. I noticed said Tessa What's with the worried look on your face? I'm not worried said Mariah abruptly. Well, you're thinking deeply about something said Tessa come on, out with it. I hate it when you stew on something because you start putting those walls up of yours and you won't let me in. Mariah made her way back to Tessa's bed and sat on the edge of it. She took Tessa's hand in hers and looked into her eyes.