Chapter 76 - Help Finally

Warning: This chapter enters dark discussion about Izuku's mental health. There is disassociation, arguing, and more. Please read with caution.

- - -

The walk to the teacher's dorm is nothing special. I run into nobody since it is three in the morning, but I appreciate it either way. I  would have no clue what to say if I was to meet someone on my walk there.

With my luck, they would put Shouta on my ass.

The same is said with the teacher's dorm. None of the teachers are that dumb to be in here this early in the morning.

Silently, I make my way to my dorm and go to unlock it when I notice that the door is already unlocked. They must have done that on purpose.

I open the door and enter my dorm.

I expect a lot of things going in. Shouta could have a trap ready to capture me. Mom might be waiting. Or it could be empty. That last one is absolutely preferred for obvious reasons.

None of those guesses are right.

As I close the door behind me, I haven't gotten a good look at the place yet. I wasn't planning on it actually. I was just going to go to shower and head to bed for once if I wasn't stopped.

However, I hear shuffling along with a soft, "Zashi?"

I spin around to face the noise, and I am unable to say a word when I find Nemuri wrapped up in a blanket on a futon. What is she doing here? I'm not against it, but it is unexpected.

Nemuri sits up, and she slowly opens her eyes to look at what should be Hizashi. When she sees me, her body language completely changes from tiredness to...I could not tell you. Worry? Something along those lines.

"Izuku!" Nemuri softly exclaims as she gets out of bed and scrambles to me. She doesn't bother asking when she pulls me into a tight hug. She holds me for a solid minute, and I still haven't come up with a reaction. However, I do lean into it. It's comforting. It's something I want. It helps me realize that people are there for me again.

Damn, I must really be fucked in the head if that thought exists.

Eventually, Nemuri pulls back, still keeping her hands on my shoulders. She looks over me, concern much more visible now.

"Izu, what's wrong?" Nemuri asks, her voice so gentle. It's not something I hear from her too often. In a way, it's similar to Mom's tone: that caring tone you expect from parents.

I respond almost awkwardly, unsure of how to answer the question, "I am fine right now."

"Alright, alright...let's start with something obvious: you're crying." Am I? I reach up to my face to find tears in my hand. Goddamn, am I becoming a crybaby now?

"Oh," I say. That's all I can say.

"Here, let's sit down," Nemuri starts to guide me to the bed. However, I stop before I sit down.

I desperately need to shower. I'm not continuing forward until the dust, possibly they, is off.

Nemuri tightens her grip suddenly, "Izuku, are you here?" I nod, "Okay, that's something. You zoned out. To be frank, I'm concerned. I know you're not one to talk about these things, but I can't help you unless I know what is going on."

I run a hand through my hair, "I know I look like shit right now, but can I please take a shower before anything? It will help, promise."

Nemuri nods, "Yeah. I don't blame you there. Here, why don't you go ahead and get in, and I'll leave your clothes outside of the door?"