Chapter 85 - You Ride Or Die?

Generally, when I think of phrases that involve flying, the first phrase that comes to mind is 'flying away from your problems.' I will admit that is accurate of me half of the time, literally and figuratively. Shouta is a perfect example. I swear that I do care for the man, but when he first is mad, it's better to run.

The other half of the time, it is the exact opposite. I fly towards danger like I am right now. It's certainly not the smartest move, but if I want an attempt at stopping this quirkist madness, I have to go there.

I have to beat some ASS.

Yes, I did have that mental breakdown an hour ago! Thanks for asking! Yes, I still feel the effects!

However, you may be wondering how did I go from wanting to cling to Shouta to grabbing the belt for the smackdown within an hour. The first thought is probably yet another mental disorder, but I will get into that another day.

The main reason is flying. Flying gave me some time away from everything, to calm down, and all that jazz. With that time, it came with some thinking. You know, thinking about how I am wanted for mass murder, quirkless being arrested since quirkist finally have a good excuse to do so, etc etc.

Also, being mentally tired of people's bullshit might have something to do with it.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't give a fuck about what happens to my reputation anymore. I could be wanted for the worst thing, and I really wouldn't give a damn at this point. Not that I think that they can outdo mass murder anyway, but I digress. I would include myself in that statement, but the entire squad would beat my ass if they found out that thought process.

With all that said, my last strand of sanity is gone. Respect for authority? I tried my best, but I am now returning to my 'i dont give a fuck' roots. I shall officially become a villain on my terms.

We don't even talk about where professionalism went.

Here's what lead me to this mindset: I'm already wanted. My face has already been displayed to the media. I already have people questioning, and this just supports them even without evidence.

In that context, I have nothing to lose! The only thing I can lose at this point is my friends, and considering Shouta answered the phone during my terror time and dealt with me, I think I'm good.

I hate to say this, but the power of friendship is a goddamn real thing.

If you did not keep track of that whole thing, I don't blame you. Just know that the world is going to suffer today. Okay? Okay.

I arrive at the building, and the first thing I do is put on my robotic arm. I didn't have it on before because I don't think I need my arm to fly, but I am going to wear it now out for safety. In addition, I usually remove remove my armor and leave anything hero related outside of the office. It's supposed to make me seem more 'respectful.'

Yeah, I'm keeping it ALL on this time. Even Patchy is going to stay on my back!

I enter the building, and I am immediately surrounded by guards with tasers and guns. Do they really think that's going to be bother me? I can literally beat all their asses in the snap of a finger.

And explode the building while I am at it, but I am not here to go rogue. Yet.

"My homies, stop wasting my time. I can figure out where every single one of you live within a minute, and I am not afraid to blast that on my Twitter. Just let me through so I can attempt to fix my life," I explain, not even bothering to wait for a response as I walk through them like they are my new doors. They don't even stop me from entering the elevator to the president's office.