Chapter 87 - First Villain Act!

I thought this place was huge from a distance, but it's even bigger up close. For fuck sakes, it has a court yard where a bunch of people are just chilling! That just makes our life much harder. We end up scoping the outside of the building until we find a rusty-ass door that probably hasn't been used in a century.

I look back at my members, "Shouta and I will take left, you guys take right. Be careful, please."

I don't watch their reactions as I focus my attention back on the door and try to open it. With our luck, it's locked. I pull out my handy-dandy lock-picking kit and get to work picking it. Thankfully, the lock inside is not rusted, so I get the door opened within a minute.

I am the first to go inside to find that the room we enter is dark as hell. Obviously, it hasn't been used. Just like the door, it doesn't even look like it has been touched. After turning night-vision on, I find that it is disgusting.

"Yuck," I mumble as I go to the door across the room. I ain't going to check out the rats and shit.

That door takes a moment to break open. Then, I step out to find that it is in a lit hallway, which thankfully nobody is in. Not like super lit, since there is only candles lighting the place up, but it's enough to see where you are going. The rest of the squad steps out, and I close the door when I notice something interesting.

When I close it, it blends in with the wall.

"I think we found a secret room," I announce to the squad. Nemuri and Hizashi clap softly while Shouta faceplams. I roll my eyes at Shouta, "Let's get to it. Once again, be careful."

Hizashi and Nemuri offer the same thing before we part ways.

Shouta takes the lead since my dumbass would get us lost in a second. We stick closer to the walls, managing to blend in rather well since we're in all black. It helps us more that the candles are barely doing their jobs. I am tempted to just knock one over and catch the place on fire, but I decide to save that for another day. Then, to top all that off, these guys' robes obscure most of their vision and some of their hearing. It's a rather inconvenient design for them. Because of all that, we are able to sneak past multiple people without them noticing us. They don't suspect a thing.

Despite all this, Shouta and I's investigation doesn't lead us anywhere. The only things we do find are the rooms where these dumbass hoes chill and some rooms that look messy like they were rushing to get something out.

"Izuku, we just overheard somebody talk about an evacuation," Nemuri tells me through the intercom. I curse under my breath. I tap on Shouta's shoulder and guide him away from people so that we can talk. Once we are in private, I continue the conversation with Nemuri.

"Nemuri heard someone talk about an evacuation," I inform Shouta (since the dumbass bitch doesn't a way of communicating with the others) before continuing the conversation, "We found rooms with shit missing, so that makes sense. I suspect that they either guessed that the heroes would figure this place out or they have someone on the inside of the HC feeding them information. Either way, the evacuation happened, and that is not good. I don't think we're going to find anything at this point. This is all a decoy."

Hizashi's voice crackles through, "So we're evacuating?"

"Yeah, we're evacuating. There's no point trying to answer out of these suckers anyway. Too devoted. It's back to the drawing board."

"Got it."

The intercom turns off, and Shouta starts leading us back to the hidden entrance.

But can everything be that easy? LOL, nope!