Chapter 79 - Chittity Chat Chat

I am not excited. I have a lot of shit to talk about with Shouta. He didn't even specify what we are going to talk about! For all I know, I could be entering another argument!

Of course, I'm trying to be positive about it and thinking maybe he just wants to talk about me stealing his motorcycle, but I am also aware that's far from the mark that he wants.

Welp, no use wondering. I'll just have to enter the cave and see.

"Do you mind if Hizashi and Nemuri join us?" Shouta asks as he drags me out of my thought process.

I tilt my head in confusion, "Usually, you try to get rid of them at all cost."

"Thought that they deserve to know as well since they seen you too. I also believe that you trust them enough to spare some information to them." He's not wrong. At least I won't be alone with Shouta. I do care for Shouta, but sometimes it's like talking to a brick wall. A brick wall covered in spikes.

"I don't see why not." We enter the teacher's dorms and head to Shouta's dorm.

"I would prefer a yes or no."

"Logically, I mean yes, dumbass."

Shouta rolls his eyes as we enter his dorm. Now, when I first went to Shouta's apartment almost a year ago (I can't believe it has been that long), it was a mess. Then, I moved in and organized the crap out of it. And then we came here and did the same thing. Believe it or not, Shouta didn't trash the apartment after that. On the opposite, he keeps it rather clean as he just puts stuff where ever it is supposed to go. It lasts quite a while too without me having to go in and clean it.

This time, it looks like a tornado went through it. It's not as bad as when I first visited him that time ago, but it's out of sorts compared to the usual. If someone normal came here, they would think it is fine.

But I have a few loose bolts in my head, so I am concerned about the slightest differences.

Empty pouches overflowing from the trashcan. A blanket on the couch sits on the back and looks thrown aside. Papers are covering the coffee table in no particular order, which Shouta is especially picky about given he is a teacher. There's more, but I won't get into the details. That's not the point I am getting at here.

There's a saying out there, and I can't remember what it specifically says, but the gist is that the organization of the room represents someone's emotional stability. I'm not saying that someone with a messy room is about to lose their marbles. I'm just saying that that they may not be the happiest.

I know these are small things, but Shouta is diligent with things like this.

Then, I remember how Shouta looked when he came in this morning. Exhausted. Drained. You can put a lot of negative words there.

Putting all that information together, it clicks.

I'm aware that I am terrible at emotions, but I know something happened here. I'm also aware that it has something to do with me considering the earlier words of Hizashi. I'm not that ignorant, even if I don't like where this is leading me.

I'm still standing at the entry way, and Shouta is already in the kitchen making tea, probably to calm me down enough to have a conversation without trying to destroy a wall.

I should tell Hizashi and Nemuri about my concerns and have them handle it. They would know what to do. They've been friends for years while I have only known him for a couple. They are also better at these kinds of things in general.

That's what I do with every situation. If I am worried about someone, I get someone more qualified to handle it so I don't fuck things up.

But this time, I just want to help Shouta anyway I can. At the bare minimum, I can hear him out. That's better than nothing. If I'm still concerned after, then I'll tell them.