Chapter 114 - The Pending Reunion

Shouta's POV

We're here. We're finally here.

I hardly slept last night. When you're away from someone for so long, you just want to see them again.

After the discussion last night, Hizashi, Nemuri, and I went to Hizashi's dorm the figure out a plan. With any other place, we could sneak in and out as much as we want. However, since Izuku runs the place, we're assuming tight security. That makes things difficult, but we're hoping that Izuku will be busy enough to let us slip by. He don't believe he will have his technological advantage. The only thing that may ruin the plan is if Izuku has someone with a quirk that can track us. We don't think that's likely.

Our overall plan is to integrate ourselves with the place as people who were forced out of their apartment by villains. It's far from the best cover story, but we don't need anything complicated. I then sent Hizashi and Nemuri out to get lower quality clothes so they can blend in better. While they were doing that, I looked up Izuku's place to see if I could learn anything about it. There wasn't much, surprisingly. There were high praises about the place and a couple articles claiming that it is a cult, but that was it. It's surprising that there was no interviews with Izuku. In the long run, it's probably a good thing for him.

When they got back, we tried to sleep, woke up, took care of our classes, and left in the afternoon. We wanted to arrive during the day to attract less attention. It also allowed us to set everything up for the students in the morning.

And now, we're in front of Izuku's shelter.

"Only Izuku would name a shelter The Motel," Nemuri muses, "But it does look nicer than a shelter."

"It was originally a motel Izuku stayed at. He just brought it and turn it into this," I explain.

"Of course he did."

I turn my attention to Hizashi, who hasn't said a lot, "Are you okay?"

Hizashi gives me a shaky smile, "I'll be okay. Hopefully I don't start crying when I see him." I take his hand and squeeze it. I can't imagine how Hizashi feels considering he was the last one to see Izuku. I might be with him on his reaction.

Nemuri bumps her shoulder into Hizashi's, "If you cry, we'll just say you're crying from the trauma." Hizashi huffs a laugh.

"For once, you don't have a bad idea!"

"Hey!"

Hizashi would already be walking inside, causing me to follow after him since he won't let go of my hand. I ignore Nemuri's rebellion and enter The Motel.

Since this is something that involves Izuku, it's more than one would expect. It's clear that Izuku put thought into every detail possible. The place is clean but comfortable. It genuinely looks more like a home than a shelter, from the colors of the flooring and walls to small furnishing like the furry rug he has in the middle of the room. The only thing that gives off that it is a shelter is the front desk and signs. Not even the groups of people change how the place feels because everyone is interacting.

It's amazing what Izuku has pulled off here.

"Damn, this is a luxury hotel more than a shelter," Nemuri says in awe when she catches up with Hizashi and I. I simply nod in agreement. As much as I can appreciate the place, we're here to find Izuku. Hizashi seems to have already scoped the place since he looks back at me and shakes his head. I am not surprised. We shouldn't have expected this to be easy.

Hizashi nods toward the counter, "Shall we check in?"

"Probably. I am not in the mood to carry my stuff," Nemuri answers as she makes her way to the counter.